Pyron vs FSU

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
True but they let him play in 4 games last year to get playing time and keep his redshirt
You realize Maye was 7-10 throwing last year and ran the ball 2 times for 6 yards. If you think that prepared him for this year I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale! He played in 2 games.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope Pyron keeps his redshirt this year. Let him play 3 more games, then let him sit out for u[sic]ga. I get trying to put your team in the best position to win, but it just doesn't seem right to me to make Pyron play and lose a whole year of eligibility in a lame duck year.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The benefit of Pyron playing well against FSU and hopefully the remaining games he plays in? Pyron will make GT a more attractive option for HFC candidates. Having a good QB on the roster gives a new coach a head start on any rebuild, and a BIG piece towards a new coach's success.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
One was going to redshirt and viewed as a potential starter down the line. The other was a temporary piece designed to hopefully give us some depth.
That was fine coming into the season. If reports are true though Sims was playing through an injury then picked up a second in the Duke game. Just feels like clumsy handling of the QB Room. I get that it was in season, and that CBK Took over not even a month ago. I am happy to see us roll our Pyron and then remove SOME of the shackles for the 2nd half. It was almost a blessing IMHO that we were far enough behind to FORCE the issue in the 2nd half and MAKE CCL free him up a bit from the handoff, handoff, three yard route possessions of the 1st.

ZP acquitted himself well and put some real decisions on tape for them to help teach him from. I hope he starts this week if JS isn't ready to go.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
That was fine coming into the season. If reports are true though Sims was playing through an injury then picked up a second in the Duke game. Just feels like clumsy handling of the QB Room. I get that it was in season, and that CBK Took over not even a month ago. I am happy to see us roll our Pyron and then remove SOME of the shackles for the 2nd half. It was almost a blessing IMHO that we were far enough behind to FORCE the issue in the 2nd half and MAKE CCL free him up a bit from the handoff, handoff, three yard route possessions of the 1st.

ZP acquitted himself well and put some real decisions on tape for them to help teach him from. I hope he starts this week if JS isn't ready to go.
Can't we just ask all the qbs to open it up. I am sick of seeing 8 defenders near the LOS. They just head towards the qb because they know the rb is going to be there. When we get 3 qbs that can run the bring backvthe rpo

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Can't we just ask all the qbs to open it up. I am sick of seeing 8 defenders near the LOS. They just head towards the qb because they know the rb is going to be there. When we get 3 qbs that can run the bring backvthe rpo

Gotta start making the defense pay for stacking the box. Hard to do when the OL isn't giving the QB time to let receivers get downfield.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
It would be nice if our tight-ends helped out too. Heck, play them as a blocking only H-back or just add a sixth offensive lineman.
I saw a play last week where the tight-end stayed in to block. The offensive tackle decided to converge on the defensive tackle along with the guard and center and left the tight end 1 on 1 with the defensive end. Instant sack. I didn't even bother yelling at the tv - seen these types of errors on the OL way to often recently.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Gotta start making the defense pay for stacking the box. Hard to do when the OL isn't giving the QB time to let receivers get downfield.
Imo, pyron can read the defense and stop and pop an ACCURATE pass better than Sims.
Thats what opens up the defenses.

Time to get fundamental qb play going at gt. Sims or pyron.

Sims has to show he can stop and pop while doing his rpo. For sov much playing time he still seems slow and scripted.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Imo, pyron can read the defense and stop and pop an ACCURATE pass better than Sims.
Thats what opens up the defenses.

Time to get fundamental qb play going at gt. Sims or pyron.

Sims has to show he can stop and pop while doing his rpo. For sov much playing time he still seems slow and scripted.
That experiment is over. We’ll go into spring practice with new everything. The next coach will review our tape and come in with eyes wide open. Even though we are at the lowest of the lows today with all the woe is me articles and opinions, the upside is if our next coach can just get our team to play normal football we’ll reach .500 fast especially with Pyron looking like he is normal.

We don’t need a Heisman QB or NFL prospect recievers or Butkus award winning LB’s. We just need to go from where we are today of doing nothing well to just average. Instead of picking up blitzes none of the time if we just get to where most teams are and cut the sacks from 8 per game to 4. If we can just make extra points and field goals within 40 yards, and punt normally like 99% of teams do. If we just not commit pass interference or rough the passer on 3rd and 30. Because we have watched incompetence across the program for 4 years in coaching and player evaluations many believe turning this mess around is some monumental task. It isn’t. Any competent coach (we just have to hire one) can get us back to average quickly. I’m sure none of us like “average” but I’ll take average over what we’ve been watching since Johnson retired.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
A little competition at QB now? Just hope Sims doesn't come back unless he is ready. We have a couple of winnable games left. Always difficult to know when an injured player still not 100% is less effective than a healthy backup.