Pyron vs FSU

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
With that being said, I fully expect Sims to be a go Saturday. Something about that kid just gives me a vibe he will start come hell or highwater.
I think Sims will WANT to go Saturday, but if he is still hurt and cannot run, he's a liability to our offense imho. We'll all see soon enough...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I think Sims will WANT to go Saturday, but if he is still hurt and cannot run, he's a liability to our offense imho. We'll all see soon enough...
I wonder - with a long week of practice we could get more pass happy. If Sims is dialed in, he could give them fits.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
1666799171592.png

I hope the young man plays like his hair is on fire!

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
May have tipped off that Sims isn't playing. Did he say that to make FSU change their game plan and Sims will play? Is Key that deceptive? The fact he said Pyron will play says more about Gibson than Sims.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
May have tipped off that Sims isn't playing. Did he say that to make FSU change their game plan and Sims will play? Is Key that deceptive? The fact he said Pyron will play says more about Gibson than Sims.
He's just playing the game.
He said "I'd assume...wait, that's not the word....I'd expect that both Zach's will play on Saturday."
While he also said that Jeff was day-to-day.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I honestly am thrilled to hear this. Since we received Pyron's commitment, I haven't been this excited about a QB since we landed Sims (I'm not drawing comparisons between the two).

From what I've heard about Sim's injury, it can take about 2 weeks for minor foot sprains to heal - if you're staying off it and allowing it heal. For more serious sprains, they can take 6-8 weeks. I bring this up to say I'd be shocked if Sim's is able to go this week. I can appreciate trying to tough it out, but further damage is the more likely outcome...

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly am thrilled to hear this. Since we received Pyron's commitment, I haven't been this excited about a QB since we landed Sims (I'm not drawing comparisons between the two).

From what I've heard about Sim's injury, it can take about 2 weeks for minor foot sprains to heal - if you're staying of break?f it and allowing it heal. For more serious sprains, they can take 6-8 weeks. I bring this up to say I'd be shocked if Sim's is able to go this week. I can appreciate trying to tough it out, but further damage is the more likely outcome...
Sprain or break ?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sprain or break ?

Key at beginning of presser said it was a sprain confirmed by MRI. Also different injury (same foot / ankle) than game before. Day to day for Sims is what Key said.

That's what I heard. Don't know anymore really. My sprains never recovered in a week. Sims was walking around during the UVa game after he was benched. So who knows.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Key at beginning of presser said it was a sprain confirmed by MRI. Also different injury (same foot / ankle) than game before. Day to day for Sims is what Key said.

That's what I heard. Don't know anymore really. My sprains never recovered in a week. Sims was walking around during the UVa game after he was benched. So who knows.
If Sims starts the game, I doubt he finishes it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Might be trying to set up the ole Sims switcheroo from the UNC game last year. Gibson starts and Pyron comes in as we try to move the pocket and dink and dunk them with underneath throws and deep shots. Then Sims comes in and FSU can’t adjust quick enough to a run first QB.

Ponte vedra GT

Georgia Tech Fan
From what I've heard about Sim's injury, it can take about 2 weeks for minor foot sprains to heal - if you're staying off it and allowing it heal. For more serious sprains, they can take 6-8 weeks. I bring this up to say I'd be shocked if Sim's is able to go this week. I can appreciate trying to tough it out, but further damage is the more likely outcome...