ProJackets Update

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Butker really is on legendary pace. Second all time in Super Bowl scoring, 5th all time in post-season scoring, 2nd all time in FG%, longest kick in Super Bowl history. If he stays with Mahomes(unlike when Vinateri left Brady), he seriously could play in enough big games to be considered the greatest at his position ever with continued excellence in those games.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Butker really is on legendary pace. Second all time in Super Bowl scoring, 5th all time in post-season scoring, 2nd all time in FG%, longest kick in Super Bowl history. If he stays with Mahomes(unlike when Vinateri left Brady), he seriously could play in enough big games to be considered the greatest at his position ever with continued excellence in those games.
He will not be considered the best kicker ever, but maybe the kicker with best playoff career. Justin Turner is, and will be for some time, the best kicker ever.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Obviously he meant Tucker not Turner.
Over It Whatever GIF by Satisfied Customer

😁

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Looked it up to make sure of my memory but the two NFL records for longest field goals were by Turner and Tom Dempsey (and this was the part I was interested in) and both were game winners against Detroit as time expired.

There are no coincidences.

Rapper Stare GIF

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Would have been the same answer. I don’t know who that is, which means it isn’t obvious. Granted, I haven’t followed NFL much in the last 15 years or so, except for the 1 year I played Fantasy Football.
If you haven’t heard of Justin Tucker you have no knowledge of the NFL. That’s ok but he has been the best kicker in NFL history for over a decade. He has made 90.2% of his 435 kicks. He has the longest FG in NFL history at 66 yards. 12 year career to date.

Butker has a chance to become the best ever but he needs another 6 years of being great and needs to actually improve a little bit. He is probably #2 right now in the NFL.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
If you haven’t heard of Justin Tucker you have no knowledge of the current NFL. That’s ok but he has been the best kicker in NFL history for over a decade. He has made 90.2% of his 435 kicks. He has the longest FG in NFL history at 66 yards. 12 year career to date.

Butker has a chance to become the best ever but he needs another 6 years of being great and needs to actually improve a little bit. He is probably #2 right now in the NFL.
Fxed it for you. I seemed to remember that he was the accuracy guy.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
If you haven’t heard of Justin Tucker you have no knowledge of the NFL. That’s ok but he has been the best kicker in NFL history for over a decade. He has made 90.2% of his 435 kicks. He has the longest FG in NFL history at 66 yards. 12 year career to date.

Tucker not only has one the strongest legs in the history of the NFL by evidence of having the longest FG ever, but he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL by evidence of his FG%. That combination makes him truly unique and well above every other kicker. Butker is second, but he has some work to ever get close to that level of accuracy. Also, he is well behind Tucker in XP%.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Tucker not only has one the strongest legs in the history of the NFL by evidence of having the longest FG ever, but he is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL by evidence of his FG%. That combination makes him truly unique and well above every other kicker. Butker is second, but he has some work to ever get close to that level of accuracy. Also, he is well behind Tucker in XP%.

IMO, Tucker is the better kicker, but comparing his XP% to younger kickers isn't entirely fair. Tucker had the benefit of three NFL seasons prior to the XP distance change in 2015.