ProJackets Update

gtee91

Georgia Tech Fan
It appears he is the #3 back, Mitchell was hurt some this season and Mason was then the #2 back. As long as he is on his rookie contract with the Niners he will be on the team. Once it becomes time for a 2nd contract he becomes at risk as do most rookies who are not major contributors. The NFL Salary Cap pretty much dictates all teams fill out special teams and backups with very inexpensive players contracts.
Yeah, running back is an odd position in the pros... there are a handful of stars but that second contract seems really hard to get. Teams seem content to draft cheaper ones

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, running back is an odd position in the pros... there are a handful of stars but that second contract seems really hard to get. Teams seem content to draft cheaper ones
In a way I Hope Mason doesn't get that extension (though I bet he does). I think that with a new team *cough* the Falcons *cough* he would have a good chance to start. It would require team with a downhill running game, but there are plenty of NFL teams like that these days.

Buuuut … the Niners like him and he'll be relatively cheap. We'll see.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
RB are so plentiful, and their shelf-life so short, that teams treat them like rentals.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Not a bad way to top off a rookie season. Gibbs!
1706632557761.png

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Butker going to the hall of fame. No doubt.
It's weird to think back and remember thinking "dude, butker is legit pretty good. He could maybe be a pro I'm watching here"

Turns out I was watching a guy who was arguably on track to be the second best kicker who ever lived, and you're right, on a path to be a surefire Hall of famer

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree, exceptions include McCafferty who led the NFL in rushing, and Robinson for the Falcons is a stud.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
It's weird to think back and remember thinking "dude, butker is legit pretty good. He could maybe be a pro I'm watching here"

Turns out I was watching a guy who was arguably on track to be the second best kicker who ever lived, and you're right, on a path to be a surefire Hall of famer
From a Hoo perspective your 1st best kicker being Scott Sisson…..Amirite?