Press conference 6:30 PM Eastern. Ramblinwreck.com

That was years after the orange bowl so whatever. If you couldn't enjoy that press conference i truly feel bad for you
In spite of our total agreement on team colors, you have really ticked me off many times with your opinions about Johnson, but I agree with you now that that was a terrific press conference.

Deleted member 2897

Do you really want to have this argument? In the last 5 (relevant most recent years) years we have one one against Duke. Is there really anything else that we need to have said?

You are really good at winning arguments when nobody else is allowed to meddle with your cherry picked time periods.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
1-5 in the last 6 years. Either way GT has lost 4-5z don’t give me the 3 wins with Chan Gaileys players...
Um i never said im never negative. Sooo try again

I’m right with you guys on my excitement for the future of GT football and the fact we are actually going to try to compete at the highest level of the sport. I think we were in agreement that going with Johnson and his offense was essentially running up the white flag and acknowledging we can’t compete. But I would encourage all tech fans to pull together and get behind this coach which most have. Bringing Johnson’s perceived negatives up will rip the scab off the wound. Give it time to heal. We got what we want. Let’s enjoy it and not gloat.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Do you really want to have this argument? In the last 5 (relevant most recent years) years we have one one against Duke. Is there really anything else that we need to have said?

Move the goalpost from 6 to 5 years because you got the record wrong, nice job btw. And also on the last 5 years we are 4-1 versus VT. What does that result say? (Answer is basically nothing, just like our record versus Duke). You can pump up the new coach without crapping on the old (current, actually) regime. We have been consistently at the top end of the ACC Coastal for the past 11 years. It’s a SOLID foundation for coach Collins to build his vision of the program.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In spite of our total agreement on team colors, you have really ticked me off many times with your opinions about Johnson, but I agree with you now that that was a terrific press conference.
As I said else where, tonight is like buying a boat. The first day is the happiest day so let's enjoy it with a whiskey clear.

What I will also drink to at end of the Detroit bowl is to the great run at gt by a genius offensive minded coach.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
I would say the other interesting part was TStan looked genuinely encouraged about the future of GT with this hire. MBob looked like he got thrown through a blender when he hired Pastner.

The proof will be in the pudding. I'm hoping he pulls it off.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
If Tech Nation has the misfortune of having to endure that, particularly if offensive results are down in year 3, well -- at least by then Brian Bohannon might be deemed ready to return to return to Tech, with his version of the option-oriented spread. ;) I'll "worry" about that after the 2021 season.

Continual rah-rah sales mode doesn't do it for me -- I'm just not wired that way -- but if Collins' approach does for the players and most fans, and there are good results, that's what matters. One thing for sure -- Collins isn't walking into a rebuilding project, as most new coaches do. The offensive cupboard is not empty.

Given that many NFL offenses now use some RPO plays and concepts, and in recent years have borrowed jet/fly sweep notions from the college game as well, if that is what Collins has that in mind when invoking the NFL, cool. But if not -- ugh. Obviously we'll learn much more when he selects his OC. Here's hoping it's someone such as Matt Canada, Bob Stitt, or even some great young offensively innovative mind from the FCS level.

Completely disagree that this is not a rebuilding project. The talent on this team is well below average in the ACC. Paul Johnson’s genius is the only thing that kep this program respectable.