Press conference 6:30 PM Eastern. Ramblinwreck.com

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
That makes me want to go get some smothered and covered hashbrowns and a waffle:)

I try to be civil but this post triggered me and the gloves are comin' off pal....anyone who goes to the House and doesn't order the All-Star special and doesn't pay the extra fiddy cents to get the pecans in their waffle is a friggin' moran and possibly even lower than a dwag fan on the spectrum of life forms. There, I said it and I feel better now. ;):cigar: (the second emoji is especially chosen with you in mind):D

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I really hope this idea gets through to our fanbase like it has to me because we need to change some notions within our base:

Playing college football and getting a degree from a highly respected institution like Georgia Tech is an opportunity, not a recruiting problem. Elite players should be begging to play at Georgia Tech rather than Alabama, Georgia, and Clemson.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I am very grateful for all the wonderful memories that Paul Johnson has given me, and I think he was a good coach who did a lot for the program. That being said, I didn’t realize how uncharismatic he was with the press until I saw how well Geoff Collins spoke in this press conference. I’m very impressed! If he’s not lying through his teeth about his love for Atlanta and his longstanding desire to be our head coach, we may have found a good one who will stick around a long time.

Chas_Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Excitement and enthuisiasm are indeed a huge part of recruiting - and also in motivating 18-20 year olds on the field. My son went to Clemson during the transition to Dabo. I had serious reservations about his coaching ability but his passion and enthusiasm more than made up for his coaching short comimgs and I thought from day 1 this guy is going places. Yes Clemson has some plus’s we don't but I think Collin’s has similar enthusiasm - and is a better coach, and in his own words - Tech is his dream job. Really excited to see the future of Tech football.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
serious question: why was the majority of fans against Ken W coming in to run an NFL-style offense, yet it seems like Collins plans to do the same and no one seems to care? Was it ever really about the style of O or more about something else with Ken?

I’m liking Collins, don’t get me wrong, but the above was just an interesting observation for me.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
serious question: why was the majority of fans against Ken W coming in to run an NFL-style offense, yet it seems like Collins plans to do the same and no one seems to care? Was it ever really about the style of O or more about something else with Ken?

I’m liking Collins, don’t get me wrong, but the above was just an interesting observation for me.
Coach Collins is a college football coach who knows about recruiting and such while Ken hasn't been involved in that in more that 25 years

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

i think the biggest difference is that KW has been away from the college game too long. CGC has not.

GT_EE78

Banned
Excitement and enthuisiasm are indeed a huge part of recruiting - and also in motivating 18-20 year olds on the field. My son went to Clemson during the transition to Dabo. I had serious reservations about his coaching ability but his passion and enthusiasm more than made up for his coaching short comimgs and I thought from day 1 this guy is going places. Yes Clemson has some plus’s we don't but I think Collin’s has similar enthusiasm - and is a better coach, and in his own words - Tech is his dream job. Really excited to see the future of Tech football.
Good presser for Collins, being a salesman is part of the job nowadays. hope he's already reading the swarm tho , cuz i'll be happiest if i never ever hear "out of the box" again.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m just not a fan of used car salesmen type. Mac is a great recruiter but I don’t get the same feeling from him. There is more than one way to recruit. If you right then we will see lots of 4 stars and a few 5 stars commit in a year.
This comes off as disingenuous (not saying it is, you may just not be very familiar with recruiting) because very few programs sign lots of 4 stars and a few 5 stars.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Only our fan base would have people complaining about a coach selling and having charisma. That is what the job is. Selling and leading.

I think some of our fans loved CPJ so much because he acted like the anti-social know-it-all engineer/IT professional.

At least this post doesn't sound like it comes from an anti-social know it all.

Ohh wait

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
This comes off as disingenuous (not saying it is, you may just not be very familiar with recruiting) because very few programs sign lots of 4 stars and a few 5 stars.

Formerly, elsewhere "GTjay"
Some on here have said that we couldn’t recruit because of the 3O and CPJ. Many on here have said this guy can recruit. Not say I expect to out recruit Cu and bama, but if this guy is as good as everyone says then we should be around the same type of athletes as VT and UM. The one mistake I made in typing my statement was the “a year”. What I meant was we should lots of 4 stars a year and a 5 star every so often. I know we won’t sign a 5 star every year, but every so often we should. We signed (2) 4stars last year so, if 3O and CPJ was so much of a handicap, then we should be where Um is at thisyear 7-4stars or Vt 5- 4stars. If we are signing 4 star guys at the same rate or just a tad better then some of the arguments are wrong.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is that not what I just said? Dang, getting called out for being enthusiastic, hahaha.

I get it. Real work starts now. I’m just glad to see the direction we are trying to head in.

Yeah, I was trying to make it sound like Iverson.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
I try to be civil but this post triggered me and the gloves are comin' off pal....anyone who goes to the House and doesn't order the All-Star special and doesn't pay the extra fiddy cents to get the pecans in their waffle is a friggin' moran and possibly even lower than a dwag fan on the spectrum of life forms. There, I said it and I feel better now. ;):cigar: (the second emoji is especially chosen with you in mind):D

Do you pronounce it pee-cans or puh-cons?