Preseason Accolades

Yep. For those who are not familiar with the ancient history. Sideways was a mongrel dog that took up residence on the Hill during the late 1940s. He was called "Sideways" because he had been injured by a car and walked, well sideways. At any rate, his favorite spot was outside the old French Textile building near the west stands of Grant Field. Many a time, my dad would come out of classes in that building and Sideways was there to greet students released from yet another ordeal of whatever it was textile engineering students did in those days. His grave is still located (last time I happened to see it) on the Hill.
I was well aware of the Sideways stories and grave when I was at Tech in the 60s. I wonder how many know about it today. Really cool to know that you dad went to school when Sideways was alive.

Cam

Helluva Engineer

People need to remember that Antonio Simmons had 19 TFL and 29 SACKS his senior year of high school (only 12 games). He has always had a knack for pass rushing and getting into the backfield. Weirdly underrated in high school given his size and production. Thank goodness for it.

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
People need to remember that Antonio Simmons had 19 TFL and 29 SACKS his senior year of high school (only 12 games). He has always had a knack for pass rushing and getting into the backfield. Weirdly underrated in high school given his size and production. Thank goodness for it.
If Amp can take it up a notch this season, it will be a good one for him.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I read there were 57 Centers on that list.

I wonder how many P5 Centers did NOT make the list.
I hate to admit I never heard of this award, but that doesn't mean anything since I don't believe there has been a college center worth a flip since Don Stephenson. I did see that the returning Clemson center was nominated.

Deleted member 2897

You can choose to either acknowledge and respect the fact that one of our players is getting recognized for his performance, or try to belittle/diminish the recognition. Good job choosing the second option.

I’m sorry my comment read the way it did to you.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow its bern around for atleast 20 years give or take
I hate to admit I never heard of this award, but that doesn't mean anything since I don't believe there has been a college center worth a flip since Don Stephenson. I did see that the returning Clemson center was nominated.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk