Predictions for the Central Florida game

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
As always, totally depends of how well WE play. If we can reduce our stupid mistakes, we'll be OK, imho. If we don't, we could blow this game.

Right now, I think our O and D does OK to good, while our special teams show up as weak again (just my WAG). I think we eke out a 28-24 type win and are holding on for dear life at the end.

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
puOkEg.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have a feeling we'll look up and will be up about 4 scores. The announcers will be all, "See, I don't even know why they played this game. These UCF players have far more important things to think about, blah, blah ... Irma ... Jose ..."

MountPGT1990

Banned
Before looking at Vegas line I was thinking something like:

GT 35
UCF 17

But now after others comments about how great UCF coaching staff is and how great their defense is, etc. I think Vegas knows something and I'm guessing the general public will load up on Betting on GT a -1. Unfortunately, the general public betting on lines like this almost always end up being wrong. So long story short I'm changing my prediction to:

GT 17
UCF 24

I will get bashed for posting this, but I think we're hosed in this game from Vegas voodoo.
I predict we fall to 1-2 yet still think we can win coastal and prob finish 8-4 or 7-5.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
UCF? Hard to say. Not exactly a stellar team. I think the Jackets will "look" better this week through better offensive execution but the score will be similar to this past week. I call it 31-16 with CPJ notching another W and getting ready for the real season to start.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I think "vegas" sees a home UCF that put up a lot of points against FIU playing our D. IMO they aren't seeing that FIU won a toss up against Alcorn State.

Jackets 31-UCF 21

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just spoke to a really good source at <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GaTech?src=hash">#GaTech</a> who said UCF is cancelling the GT game because UCF released their players and can&#39;t practice.</p>&mdash; Kelly Quinlan (@Kelly_Quinlan) <a href="">September 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer

GT 35
UCF 17

But now after others comments about how great UCF coaching staff is and how great their defense is, etc. I think Vegas knows something and I'm guessing the general public will load up on Betting on GT a -1. Unfortunately, the general public betting on lines like this almost always end up being wrong. So long story short I'm changing my prediction to:

GT 17
UCF 24

I will get bashed for posting this, but I think we're hosed in this game from Vegas voodoo.
I predict we fall to 1-2 yet still think we can win coastal and prob finish 8-4 or 7-5.
I'm shocked you're predicting us to win any games since Mills got dismissed.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

GT 35
UCF 17

GT 17
UCF 24

So instead of watching UCF in a game and drawling your own conclusion you're basing your opinion off of the media..... yea the media is never wrong...... I think we will be perfectly fine. I plan on watching UCF to see how good they look sometime in the next day or so, might even do it here soon. I'll post what I saw once I watch them. I just highly doubt they can play with us. Vegas only had us at like -6 against Jacksonville state, but we saw how that went.

Edit: I won't be watching them if the game really is canceled.

Sounds like Frost did not have a plan to keep his players together so they can't practice. No issues with field or facility. Sounds to me like it should be a forfeit and a W for Tech. Maybe it ought to be a rule that all Florida teams have to schedule all games in September outside of the State.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
OMG, all the people who say we can't predict till Thursday are going to jump your ****. Never mind we had Thursday predictions in the 3-9 season ......

38- 28 GT is my thought. Note that I'm expecting all 5 extra points and 1 of 2 FGs to be made. Also, our D will start slow, be good in the middle and make it "interesting" at the end. We'll get a TD in the last 2 minutes to make it a two score win.

I think the game will go as scheduled but be hard on their players due to storm damage. Time will tell. We DON'T want this rescheduled.
In fairness, right now Orlando/Kissimmee area is getting torrential rainfall and overnight had severe winds. It's not a wreck by any means, but given traffic, road conditions, motel and hotel rooms filled with refugees from down south, people trying to get back south to see what's left of their homes -- I was flooded out once and the stress of waiting to see what the damage is really grinds at you -- just the mental image of two football teams teeing it up in the middle of such misery seems a bit selfish. Shoot, a lot of places won't even have power and I wonder about advertisers irate at the TV rates without the audience. And it is still moving NW with more rain. I think this is one that will be rescheduled. Of course, they could forfeit to us but ...

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like Frost did not have a plan to keep his players together so they can't practice. No issues with field or facility. Sounds to me like it should be a forfeit and a W for Tech. Maybe it ought to be a rule that all Florida teams have to schedule all games in September outside of the State.
You might be halfway to a winning season with the right schedule ...