Predictions for the Central Florida game

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be played there. They are no longer getting the eye of the hurricane and should get about 70 mph, that shouldn't create enough damage to stop the game from happening.

38-24 GT

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On Thursday I am going to bet my hard earned internet winnings of Jack state, but first need to study the u c f roster.
I have heard they are big, but need to find out about their experience level and record.
Then I put all that into the winning equation to get the scores.
Thursday it's double or nothing

MountPGT1990

Banned
I hope we will roll but it looks like we are going to have a problem putting teams away. I would predict a close win with the game coming down to the last play or so.

Go Jackets!

Since when has GT not had a problem in putting teams away? Heck, we even struggled to do it some in 1990, nothing new here. We have always struggled to put teams away, look at VT game last year. We were beating them by like 30 points and they actually came back and made it a game in 4th quarter.

If you truly think GT struggles to get the win Saturday and UCF game is going to come down to last play or so, then I really need to temper my expectations on how good this team is. I might need to be thinking we are going to have a season more along the lines of 6-6 rather than 9-3 type season.
I was thinking GT wins this one by 14+

Last edited:

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Since when has GT not had a problem in putting teams away? Heck, we even struggled to do it some in 1990, nothing new here. We have always struggled to put teams away, look at VT game last year. We were beating them by like 30 points and they actually came back and made it a game in 4th quarter.

If you truly think GT struggles to get the win Saturday and UCF game is going to come down to last play or so, then I really need to temper my expectations on how good this team is. I might need to be thinking we are going to have a season more along the lines of 6-6 rather than 9-3 type season.
I was too! I hope it is played.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Bobby Dodd crushed Cumberland so thoroughly that one of the Cumberland players tried to pretend he was a GT player so his coach wouldn't put him back into the game. Those were the days...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On Thursday I am going to bet my hard earned internet winnings of Jack state, but first need to study the u c f roster.
I have heard they are big, but need to find out about their experience level and record.
Then I put all that into the winning equation to get the scores.
Thursday it's double or nothing
I am in a quandary on this pick as my first pass review indicates a possible bad loss.

Their set up is as follows: qb is short, fast, and accurate passer -we have been blessed by a number of dropped passes . He could be big trouble running the qb fake pass the run for drive extending plays or big time gains. O l and Dl LB are upperclassmen. O l is large enough to do a good job of legally holding. They play an attacking the line of scrimmage with cb on island. None of lb are large . We seem to struggle with blocking small lb.
Finally - They are in the same conference as Navy.

turfjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am in a quandary on this pick as my first pass review indicates a possible bad loss.

Their set up is as follows: qb is short, fast, and accurate passer -we have been blessed by a number of dropped passes . He could be big trouble running the qb fake pass the run for drive extending plays or big time gains. O l and Dl LB are upperclassmen. O l is large enough to do a good job of legally holding. They play an attacking the line of scrimmage with cb on island. None of lb are large . We seem to struggle with blocking small lb.
Finally - They are in the same conference as Navy.
Good thing they haven't played Navy in over 15 years.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Good thing they haven't played Navy in over 15 years.
Thanks. I found that out by checking out the football reference. In same conference not same division
Also found out in 15 they lost to tulane, (which was terrible) and were winless.
They rebounded by hiring the oc from Oregon. Started fast and made it to a small bowl against Ark State red wolves where they only got total 11 yards on ground and averaged 5 yards per pass. ARK state burned them on long passes.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

I remember going to see GT play a 6-5 Virginia Tech team in 1990 and it was a struggle to get 6-3 win.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I hope I am wrong and we play up to our ability and win by double digits. It just appears, based on the first two games that we are not doing that yet. I am hoping we overcome that. It is the small things that are hurting us. Stupid penalties, turnovers, not capitalizing on breaks. Sometimes teams overcome these issues and virtually eliminate them as the season goes along. If we do that we will have a great season, if we continue to have those kinds of issues we will struggle and every game will be in doubt.

Go Jackets!