Practice Day - #8

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
A few articles from Ken @ AJC:

1) Tech defense takes hold of Saturday practice
“The defense, definitely, today was their day,” coach Paul Johnson said. “They outhit the offense and played better than the offense did when we played against each other.”

2) Moving parts in secondary creating competition
“Lynn’s one of the best athletes on the team, so we definitely want to find a way to get him out on the field as well,” defensive backs coach Joe Speed said.

3) Golden seeing improvement in footwork
Speed said that Golden has trained his vision well, making sure he’s watching his keys, and is getting quicker breaks on the ball.

“That tells me his instincts are getting even better,” Speed said. “He’s comfortable back there.”

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Was able to attend today. As CPJ said, the defense has a good day. In addition to stops, they got in some big hits too. Fun to see the guys celebrate big plays, lots of team camaraderie on display.

Without naming names, it's interesting to watch the younger guys play -- plenty of ability but wide spectrum of comfort level. I think the coaches are doing a great job of getting them reps to evaluate. There's not a wasted minute of practice time.

gtalltheway

Jolly Good Fellow
Who is he lining up against?
I saw something that cpj said and he said that hunt-days knows the offense better than some of the guys he's lining up against, but that just sounds like a typical cpj comment it's always hard for him to give big compliments which I like because when he does give them you know it's serious!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I saw something that cpj said and he said that hunt-days knows the offense better than some of the guys he's lining up against, but that just sounds like a typical cpj comment it's always hard for him to give big compliments which I like because when he does give them you know it's serious!

on JHD, I'll bet that is true--but wait ,it can't be --our 1st unit Def never plays vs our Off according to some guys here---I'll bet he wouldn't be cheating on plays if we all of a sudden started running a 4WR with 1 back OFf--hmmm

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
From Q.Weimerskirch Instagram

Toting that rock

Sorry the picture didn't come through. Great shot of him coming through the line with the ball.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Techster

Helluva Engineer

JHD and Synjyn both played in the same offense as ours in HS. I believe JHD was also a BB in HS.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I didn't know the qb read key was the camera man. lol.

Btw, look at that kid with tree trunk legs and a little waste looking on from the sidelines. Crykee! That's what a D1 DL should look like!
I still think Gotsis' most natural position might be DE....I just don't think we have been able to try him there for lack of DTs. Maybe this year we will see him a bit at DE in a 4 man front.