Practice Day - #8

GTRanj

Jolly Good Fellow
on JHD, I'll bet that is true--but wait ,it can't be --our 1st unit Def never plays vs our Off according to some guys here---I'll bet he wouldn't be cheating on plays if we all of a sudden started running a 4WR with 1 back OFf--hmmm
Maybe it has something to do with him playing scout team defense all last season... Doesn't mean our defense only faces our offense all of the time...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
In the article about moving pieces in the secondary, I really like the note about shuffling guys around to improve on field communication. That's a very interesting and seemingly important idea that I just didn't think about. It will help keep the drop off between starters and backups minimal and reduce the number of missed assignments by young guys.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
My wife (who may be the only person in CPJ's life who isn't at least a little scared of him) walked up to him today and hugged him.

Her: "Paul...I can always tell when Spring practice is well underway."
CPJ: "Oh really? How's that?"
Her: "Because you just get so dark. (Reaches up and pats him about 3 times on his cheek) Look at that TAN!"
CPJ: (blushes and laughs and has absolutely no comeback whatsoever)

It's hilarious to watch him be so beautifully human around someone who is comfortable with him.

thocut

Jolly Good Fellow
Saw Quaide walking with Will Bryan today, and he was in a boot and crutches. What's the word on that?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
They have been trying to find a position for Marcus Allen ever since he came to GT

First BB
Then LB
Now WR

Surprised he hasn't gone to AB yet. Could be a devastating blocker with his size and an effective enough runner given his background at BB. Probably would be in the mold of Synjyn and Ant at AB.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Just trying to find a spot for him really...WR is another attempt to do that. Hard for me to see him at WR but maybe he works things out.
He is 6'2" 220 why is it hard to see him as WR? He has played both ways so maybe he can be a good blocker. His Bio says he only started playing as a Jr in HS. So has had a lot of learning to do. But with Quaide going down maybe a shot, as others have said, at B Back.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
He is 6'2" 220 why is it hard to see him as WR? He has played both ways so maybe he can be a good blocker. His Bio says he only started playing as a Jr in HS. So has had a lot of learning to do. But with Quaide going down maybe a shot, as others have said, at B Back.

Skillset more than body type.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Just trying to find a spot for him really...WR is another attempt to do that. Hard for me to see him at WR but maybe he works things out.

nice body but his hi school tape compared to guys we are getting now is nowhere close