Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacket 83

Georgia Tech Fan
Can someone give me more information about Collins? It looks like he may be the one. What are his strengths? His record at Temple was fair, not great. What kind of recruiter is he. Is he capable of taking us to the next level of success? Is he a better candidate than Elliott? I know that’s a lot of questions.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20181206-223615_Facebook.jpg

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Could be as early as tomorrow or early next week as Collins as our coach! Still waiting on background check and snags,Kelly Q believes Woody will not be with us per sources

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Could be as early as tomorrow or early next week as Collins as our coach! Still waiting on background check and snags,Kelly Q believes Woody will not be with us per sources
Kelly said he be surprised if Woddy stayed he don't know how the discussion went with the coaches

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Kelly said he be surprised if Woddy stayed he don't know how the discussion went with the coaches
Wouldn’t make sense for a defense oriented coach to not bring a DC that fit his ideals. I am more interested in what offense he wants to bring. His Tenple defense has been good. The offense has not.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
Wouldn’t make sense for a defense oriented coach to not bring a DC that fit his ideals. I am more interested in what offense he wants to bring. His Tenple defense has been good. The offense has not.
That is hopefully what will happen. That is the goal anyways for both schools really. Need this done so both can move on and get ready. Geoff needs to meet with the current players and recruits.This is a quote from Kelly Q

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

Saying what you said...

Does everyone think we may do a reverse from the CPJ days. Great defense and mediocre offense? Where with CPJ we had stellar offenses and mediocre defenses.

WhatsTheGoodWord

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi all. Just joined, so this is post #2. Just thought I would share the thoughts from my friend who is a Temple alum when I emailed him to ask his opinions on Collins.

"He’s a big time self-promoter. I wasn’t his biggest fan because he uses a lot of lame gimick stuff like these ga’s bouncing up and down with money down signs and gives out students fake money with his face on it. The two years he was there, they would lose 1-2 games in September that they shouldn’t have but then hit there stride in November. He really loves his guys which I could appreciate . I feel he won with all of Rhules guys and should’ve won even more because he inherited a very full cupboard. I didn’t like that he brought in a spread coordinator and ran a spread offense when it was loaded with pro style talent. Did a good job with the defense and special teams but that was something Rhule did a great job with and he inherited a lot on that side of the ball too. Very much like PJ Fleck, but I feel like PJ is a better coach than Collins. But Collins isn’t a bad coach by any stretch. Hope this helps."

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Temple is the Middle School girlfriend of coaching jobs. They know it isn't gonna last.

And we think we have problems. I almost feel sorry for them as their coach openly pursues another job and makes no bones about it. But this is a cutthroat business all the way around. Could be worse, Temple could have Swofford and his pirates to deal with.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi all. Just joined, so this is post #2. Just thought I would share the thoughts from my friend who is a Temple alum when I emailed him to ask his opinions on Collins.

"He’s a big time self-promoter. I wasn’t his biggest fan because he uses a lot of lame gimick stuff like these ga’s bouncing up and down with money down signs and gives out students fake money with his face on it. The two years he was there, they would lose 1-2 games in September that they shouldn’t have but then hit there stride in November. He really loves his guys which I could appreciate . I feel he won with all of Rhules guys and should’ve won even more because he inherited a very full cupboard. I didn’t like that he brought in a spread coordinator and ran a spread offense when it was loaded with pro style talent. Did a good job with the defense and special teams but that was something Rhule did a great job with and he inherited a lot on that side of the ball too. Very much like PJ Fleck, but I feel like PJ is a better coach than Collins. But Collins isn’t a bad coach by any stretch. Hope this helps."

Sounds like something a fan would say knowing their coach is on the way out.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Saying what you said...

Does everyone think we may do a reverse from the CPJ days. Great defense and mediocre offense? Where with CPJ we had stellar offenses and mediocre defenses.
It’s up to opinion but I’d say we are great on offense and bad on defense.

I’d prefer we be good at both or, excellent in one and average in the other.

Whatever offense we run, I hope he brings in someone who runs it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.