Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal02

Banned
Hate to say it but as someone who has taken a summer course in econometrics at MIT that was more difficult than 90% of my electrical engineering work at GT, I’d hate to see a thUGA (or whatever rival) player “hide” there.
Maybe not econ......came close to choosing that as a major.....but theater arts? Humanties, Poly Sci?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Get prepared....people are going to hate you because...
- you run the option
-you don't run the option
-you didn't play at Tech
-you are not an assistant or HC at Bama or Clemson
-you got hired and their guy didn't
-somewhere in your family tree,doesn't matter how long ago... someone went to Uga

Good luck.I got your back...but the rest of these sumbiches.....you are going to need to win...and fast.
If I was a prospective HC, that wouldn't bother me. Shows the fans care, and you're going to get that AND SOME at a factory school.
What would turn me off is all this sad sack, defeatist, excuse crap. Jeesh people. Maybe we go 10 more years and average 7 wins. Maybe we hire BIIIILLLL LEWWIISSSS. But allow yourselves to have some optimism and hope.

strong90

Jolly Good Fellow
Hate to say it but as someone who has taken a summer course in econometrics at MIT that was more difficult than 90% of my electrical engineering work at GT, I’d hate to see a thUGA (or whatever rival) player “hide” there.
It ain't just MIT. Econ (especially econometrics) can be hard.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
GC can get us to own the coastal imo. But he will need more institutional support than paul got. Dude will work his arse off on bringing in players.

What we need is two good asst as well. A little triumvirate action. Need budgets.

But i swear i think he can go toe to toe with anyone given the chance and landing the players here.

Geoff can recruit beyond the crap always thrown out against us and our so called calculus crap. He knows how to do it here.

I am on board; and if its not him hopefully that person has that ability too.

If collins gets it, i really will be intrigued who his OC is.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Fake punting on 4th down to give away the game. One bright memory for a long winter till baseball.

For the life of me, I do not understand Coach Smart's reason for doing this. Your defense had been playing well, you have a good punter, Bama had put the game in the hands of their second string quarterback, there was time enough to stop them and get the ball in good field position. Maybe he was channeling his inner PJ from the past week.

Georgia Tech Fan
GC can get us to own the coastal imo. But he will need more institutional support than paul got. Dude will work his arse off on bringing in players.

What we need is two good asst as well. A little triumvirate action. Need budgets.

But i swear i think he can go toe to toe with anyone given the chance and landing the players here.

Geoff can recruit beyond the crap always thrown out against us and our so called calculus crap. He knows how to do it here.

I am on board; and if its not him hopefully that person has that ability too.

Do you think if Geoff were hired he'd have any shot at Key or Godsey as the OC? or do you think either would be a good fit?

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that Finneran’s rumor was irresponsible reporting and caused a lot of unnecessary consternation. Todd is a pro and will make the best long term decision for GT. He has had his list for months probably and will interview. He played at Tech, was Associate Athletic Director for Academics under Homer with O’Lwary as HC, and wants to be at GT long term. I have all the confidence in Todd. Go Jackets.
You don’t know what you are talking about

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Do you think if Geoff were hired he'd have any shot at Key or Godsey as the OC? or do you think either would be a good fit?

My opinion. I would look elsewhere for an OC. I would try to get brent back here still as OL coach with asst oc duties or run game coord to grow him a bit more. Budgets will determine alot on what you do. And thats my point. We can get a dynamic oc and bring brent in too as pipeline. We will see whos checks are clearing

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The Stanford thing has everything to do with them recruiting smart kids like we have to. Some of us believe the curriculum angle is severely overblown and believe there is historical evidence to support this. Others disagree.
They can offer the smart kids more than we can, more majors, more prestige. Hell, even their engineering school is higher rated than ours.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

IMO, that's the key to GC. In terms of defense, that's his wheelhouse so GT will have a marked improvement there.

If he can get a good OC, someone in the vein of Kendal Briles who can run the ball if he needs to (see what he did at Florida Atlantic and later years at Baylor...people equate the Briles tree with throwing all over, but that offense was GOOD at running the ball as well), or pass the ball, GT will be very attractive to the local recruits, and the dominant team in the Coastal.

Man, I hope GT fans recognize how close GT is to taking the next step within the ACC. This next hire can set GT up for the next decade as a monster program in the Coastal and ACC overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.