Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
I get this, but do we have on record what was actually said? Was it actually that bad, or did people have thin skin? Down talking another program is pretty common and part of the job. For instance, if he made comments to recruits that we don’t put much into our program, then I’m fine, because it’s the truth and his job to keep a recruit from coming to GT so he could land them.
Exactly. People think our staff doesn't do this? Haha.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Lets start over ( NO NAMES ) your the AD which would you rather a Head Coach that expertise is Offense or Defense ?
Honestly, this is irrelevant for me. It’s more about the name, and what his plan is. For instance, I wouldnt take an offensive guy over a better coach who is a defensive guy just because he’s an offensive guy, even if offense was my preference. I really don’t have a preference on this though tbh. Originally I did, and it was offense, but now I don’t.

Brett

Georgia Tech Fan
Evidence it’s been posted here today. Contact during the dead period

Contact during dead period...
I hope you never dive too deep into the recruiting game.
Exactly. People think our staff doesn't do this? Haha.

I worry about the health of people on here who don’t know the things that go on in recruiting. This guy doesn’t want Collins because he may or may not have made contact during dead period. Wow

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow

I worry about the health of people on here who don’t know the things that go on in recruiting. This guy doesn’t want Collins because he may or may not have made contact during dead period. Wow
I’ll tell you what. If GT cheats. Then we really do suck. OMG if this is all we are able to do. Dismantle the program total waste of money

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'd take Malzahn all day. His system required a stud athlete at QB. We have one or two of those. Plus he'd bring all those SEC trade secrets with him.

I can help with the SEC trade secrets:

If you have the biggest, fastest guys, you usually win, assuming the coaches are not morons.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer

WELCOME TO GEORGIA TECH. YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
4670-f36010a9c2cc830aabae43c93b5da71d.jpg

King2b

Jolly Good Fellow
"Team members with a 3.0 GPA can wear a special patch on their jerseys identifying their status."

I like this, but at GT, this might be a very small number of football players. I know it would have been when I was in school. Maybe at GT, since a 2.5 means 3.3, we can drop that value somewhat!! :)
Maybe they can also have square root patches for members of the square root club. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
How many 5 stars have we ever had? Hell I think only 247 rated Calvin as a 5 star.
I would say we have signed others but prior to the 5 star system and service ratings being in place. Donnie Davis was the #1 dual threat QB signed by Ross around 1991 and Charles Dudish was considered the #1 prospect in Ga back in the late 60s . I will upset some when I question the ability of any coaching hire making a real dent in the 4 and 5 star pool. I so hope I am wrong but we will never be what so many of our competitors have become. We will never be a roster of 50% exceptions , keep exceptions on course to graduate under the newer NCAA guidelines and be a comfortable environment for kids that have spent 90% of their life working toward the NFL and 10% towards a education. Calvin came to Tech (Cause his Mom would beat the hell out of him if he didnt get a valuable degree) . Just kidding partly! His Parents had multiple degrees and placed a premium on Tech . I always felt PJ gave us a chance to beat anyone if we could bump our recruiting to top 30. I hope the new guy can do that as well.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
I would say we have signed others but prior to the 5 star system and service ratings being in place. Donnie Davis was the #1 dual threat QB signed by Ross around 1991 and Charles Dudish was considered the #1 prospect in Ga back in the late 60s . I will upset some when I question the ability of any coaching hire making a real dent in the 4 and 5 star pool. I so hope I am wrong but we will never be what so many of our competitors have become. We will never be a roster of 50% exceptions , keep exceptions on course to graduate under the newer NCAA guidelines and be a comfortable environment for kids that have spent 90% of their life working toward the NFL and 10% towards a education. Calvin came to Tech (Cause his Mom would beat the hell out of him if he didnt get a valuable degree) . Just kidding partly! His Parents had multiple degrees and placed a premium on Tech . I always felt PJ gave us a chance to beat anyone if we could bump our recruiting to top 30. I hope the new guy can do that as well.

Pretty certain Quincy Carter was the number 1 QB when he signed with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.