Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I don’t understand you people KW is considered one of if not the best offensive minds in football and some w you people want to hire these coaches that the best they will be is a 6&6 coach if they are lucky. K W may fail at GT but he has a lot more experience than these people you all are coming up with he’ll why not just go hire farmer Fred .

Because not all experience is created equal. We need not only coaching experience but also recruiting experience, and that KW does not have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I lean towards Elliott, but I think Collins has a lot to offer and would be a very good choice. He has a really good resume as a DC at Miss. St. and Florida, and by all accounts was a really good recruiter here (was a big part of the 2007 class, I believe). He's won 8 of his last 10 at Temple, and they'll go bowling again for the second straight year under Collins and only the eighth time in school history. Pretty good for an HC in just his first two years. Darn solid if you ask me. And by all accounts is champing at the bit for the job.

Specifically why would you pick Elliott over Collins? It’s not even close experience wise. Collins is a great recruiter.
I just don’t get the live for Elliott. What has he done but keep running Chad Morris’ offense. I guess the is young and full of energy. Elliott does not compare to KW experience wise either.

All you guys need to take second compare resumes. Collins is a real believer in Tech so is KW. Don’t see that from Elliott. He is Clemson through and through, it would be just a job for him.

If we want a coordinator they better have a resume like Kirby Smart.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, I won’t believe it unless the person puts their name to it. But let’s say it is a current player, you knew what o we ran before you came here. Why would you commit? Also, when I played ball in college not everyone was happy with things our coach did. You’re not going to have a full team, 100% happy all the time.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Specifically why would you pick Elliott over Collins? It’s not even close experience wise. Collins is a great recruiter.
I just don’t get the live for Elliott. What has he done but keep running Chad Morris’ offense. I guess the is young and full of energy. Elliott does not compare to KW experience wise either.

All you guys need to take second compare resumes. Collins is a real believer in Tech so is KW. Don’t see that from Elliott. He is Clemson through and through, it would be just a job for him.

If we want a coordinator they better have a resume like Kirby Smart.

Agree, I was big on Elliot at first with all the hype but after really taking time and going over pros and cons Collins, imo is the guy for the job.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't want to bash Whiz. He is a Tech guy and probably a great guy. I hope he gets an NFL head coaching job again and wins 5 super bowls. He just isnt a college coach or recruiter

How do you know he would not recruit well? Most on here thought CCG recruited much better than CPJ. The only coaching staff that actually recruited in the top 25 range was GOL. An experienced coach with a very long resume who understood Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.