Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
With tin-foil hat securely affixed to my head:
Tstan offers KW and it gets accidentally(on purpose) leaked. The KW gets a large raise and donates a large portion of his yearly raise to GT. All part of the plan. Tstan never intended on giving KW the HC job, it was all a ploy to get KW a raise and get GT a yearly sizeable donation.:cigar:

This is the only acceptable answer I'd accept from TStans

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
The way I see Collins, worst case scenario, he's an Al Golden. He'll give our recruiting and program a little energy boost that may fizzle into mediocrity in 4 or 5 years, and we move on. If he's really successful, he may move on too soon.

But if KW truly handles the NFL to CFB transition badly, a combination of roster turnover due to 180 degree offensive change and poor understanding of recruiting in the college game could put us in the dumpster. I'm talking where our hoops program is now.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Temple football board seems to think Collins is headed to GT:

https://247sports.com/college/templ...-offers-no-comment-on-job-openings-125789767/

I actually like this.

Thanks for the link. I like this poster's statement, in response to the question "Why would GT pass on Whisenhunt and take Collins?":
"Because he is 56 and hasn't been around the college game in 20+ years. If you want to rebrand and pump new life in your program Wisenhunt is not your answer (in my opinion). Can he recruit? GT needs rebranding/marketing. I don't think he brings that. Collins checks many boxes. Hope I'm wrong...."

Exactly what a lot of us are saying.

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
I wonder if Collins would bring Dave Patenaude, his OC? He used to be OC at Coastal Carolina. I wonder what kind of plays they ran?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.