Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ok. Never said he was learning here. Some other guy said that. I said i want us to be open to hiring a great asst with us as his first head job. Tons of good coaches like that. Uga did it. Oklahoma. Houston then to texas in herman. Etc
A couple more 2nd place trophies & Curbee’s going to suffer thru the Rev Richt syndrome. Reality will sink in there in another year or two. You just can’t win a championship in muttville.

Herman is worth watching. TU had lost relevance despite having massive resources. He may just resurrect that program.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Herman is overrated and will gone in another year or two. He should have beaten OU today. Lost a shot at a New Year's 6 bowl as well as a conference championship. Not what he was hired for.

Go Jackets!
6-7
5-7
5-7
7-5 (Herman takes over)
9-5 or 10-4

Looks like he's improved the program with Strong's recruits. The next two years will be telling, but I don't see how inheriting a 7 loss team and pulling off multiple winning seasons makes him overrated.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
A couple more 2nd place trophies & Curbee’s going to suffer thru the Rev Richt syndrome. Reality will sink in there in another year or two. You just can’t win a championship in muttville.

Herman is worth watching. TU had lost relevance despite having massive resources. He may just resurrect that program.

GOL did fine. Would take him over chan anyday. Again. Finding the right fit with an asst coach is fine by me. Too much old fart mentality at tech. So tiring. Its why the aa cant gain traction in the school too. Same crap. My point is tech needs to be open. Not just proven HC

What’s amazing to me. Is every hc was an asst. gotta start somewhere. To act like we cant find that is wrong imo

LibertyTurns

Banned
GOL did fine. Would take him over chan anyday. Again. Finding the right fit with an asst coach is fine by me. Too much old fart mentality at tech. So tiring. Its why the aa cant gain traction in the school too. Same crap. My point is tech needs to be open. Not just proven HC

What’s amazing to me. Is every hc was an asst. gotta start somewhere. To act like we cant find that is wrong imo
I was taking a potshot at the mutts & agreing with you on Herman. I’m not adverse to having an Asst Coach take over the reigns. I do want us to move from #61 in resources provided to something that will give our coaches a fighting chance. It’s a tough choice & Sansbury is not asking me my opinion. I’m going to root for whoever he gets onboardto be successful, unlike some on here.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget Reggie!!!

So tired of him getting crap. Good dude, hang out with him sometime. Fought his arse off. Compare him to some of the snowflake crap i see today on the field i go into a fight with reggie everyday. Not gonna say anything bad about our players now. But we had some hard *** dudes 12-20 years ago that would eat the lunch of some guys i see now. Just sayin.

Football rules have made it less scared

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
So tired of him getting crap. Good dude, hang out with him sometime. Fought his arse off. Compare him to some of the snowflake crap i see today on the field i go into a fight with reggie everyday. Not gonna say anything bad about our players now. But we had some hard *** dudes 12-20 years ago that would eat the lunch of some guys i see now. Just sayin.

Reggie a cool dude and he still reps GT.

Brett

Georgia Tech Fan

Agree 100%. Reggie was a fighter and a competitor. Don’t be mad at Reggie because our back up QBs were never even close to beating him out.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh. I thought lewis was hc at e carolina. He was. My point was we haven’t hired a Coord as head coach other than gol in forever and maybe its time to try something new rather than the constant old fogey route

We even skipped over spurrier
We had just lost the national coach of the year (Ross) and hired the new national coach of the year (Bill Lewis) from Eastern Carolina.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow

Well when your Mr. 4th & Outtabounds you’re gonna get some ribbing

Status
Not open for further replies.