ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes and Clemp can hide them in
PARKS, RECREATION AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT,
PAN AFRICAN STUDIES,
COMMUNCATIONS,
TURFGRASS,
WORLD CINEMA
Are majors a limitation? For sure. But a limitation makes your job more difficult, not impossible. I'm not under the impression that Elliot would bring in the same talent he's getting at Clemson - that's foolish. But you're also foolish if you think that we've maximized our recruiting to date and it simply won't get any better because of academics, regardless of who we bring in.

Elliot's recruiting page via 247 (take with a grain of salt - these recruiting sites are often inaccurate with this level of detail, but it gives you a decent idea of some of his successes)

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Basically the offense i would run with us. I'd also leave in flex close for short yardage and rocket toss.

That offense led the nation in rushing and big plays multiple times... without Georgia Tech talent. It would be taken to another level at Tech. Also put a few RB's in the NFL at one of the worst programs in NCAA history.

They have some under center stuff as well... It is very versatile and can be suited to the talent on hand. If throwing is required, it can do that. Otherwise, it's just triple option with a ton of different looks out of the shotgun.
NewMexicoOption_Names5.png
NewMexicoOption_Names7.png

Animal02

Banned
Are majors a limitation? For sure. But a limitation makes your job more difficult, not impossible. I'm not under the impression that Elliot would bring in the same talent he's getting at Clemson - that's foolish. But you're also foolish if you think that we've maximized our recruiting to date and it simply won't get any better because of academics, regardless of who we bring in.

Elliot's recruiting page via 247 (take with a grain of salt - these recruiting sites are often inaccurate with this level of detail, but it gives you a decent idea of some of his successes)
Tech hasn't maximized it's recruiting because it never had the budget for it.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Anyone here not trust TStan to be able to make the right hire regardless of what scheme the coach will run?

Or are you going to complain from day one if the coach that gets hired just doesn't specialize in whatever offense you wanted to see GT run?

I'm trying to gauge and set my own expectations to see if we can at least give the new guy a few years of committed support regardless of what offensive scheme he runs and also the W/L while he builds the team he needs.
I'll be behind anyone no matter what for a few years, just like CJP (even though I didn't like that hire) but honestly the clock will tick a little faster for me, similar to the CJP situation, if I don't like the hire.

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
Elliott is growing on me, but I have concerns over the coordinator selections he would be tasked with. The dude is basically a Clemson lifer, which could make it difficult to create an elite/diverse background staff due to his centralized coaching experience.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
About 70% of the people on this forum (by vote) want to keep running some form of the option... I think the reason it matters is the system is unique and has given Tech an identity.. They aren't just going along with the herd and doing what everyone else does, and I think there is a sense of pride in that.

Talking about what system to run isn't likely as heated or important at most places, who just want to bring in talent and win. This is a consequence, good or bad, of running the option and having that identity for a dozen years.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Elliott is growing on me, but I have concerns over the coordinator selections he would be tasked with. The dude is basically a Clemson lifer, which could make it difficult to create an elite/diverse background staff due to his centralized coaching experience.
I like the possibility of Elliott being the next GT head coach. His situation in my opinion would be like hiring one of Nick Satan's assistants for head football coach. He might have coaching staff members from Clemson or formerly from Clemson,from South Carolina and other places where he knows position coaches. Pretty much the same way Jeremy Pruitt put his staff together at Tennessee.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
That offense led the nation in rushing and big plays multiple times... without Georgia Tech talent. It would be taken to another level at Tech. Also put a few RB's in the NFL at one of the worst programs in NCAA history.

They have some under center stuff as well... It is very versatile and can be suited to the talent on hand. If throwing is required, it can do that. Otherwise, it's just triple option with a ton of different looks out of the shotgun.
[

Yeah i Know im a southern fan i've watched debesse this year implment it. He doesn't use the flex enough in short yardage though, but instead for big plays. I think they average 60 ypp or something out of it.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Disagree about Elliot. I think Dabo would be very happy to see his asst coaches succeed and move up. That is actually good for him.

No, I thought that was an actual rule. That coords had to wait until certain periods to interview.

I wasn't suggesting that Dabo was forbidding it.

Status
Not open for further replies.