Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
No, I thought that was an actual rule. That coords had to wait until certain periods to interview.

I wasn't suggesting that Dabo was forbidding it.

I doubt it is a rule. Kiffen accepted the FAU job prior to the championship game,

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I doubt it is a rule. Kiffen accepted the FAU job prior to the championship game,

Yeah, IIUC, there is an interview period between the playoff games.

Can anyone confirm my faulty memory here?

ramble_on92

Georgia Tech Fan
I like the possibility of Elliott being the next GT head coach. His situation in my opinion would be like hiring one of Nick Satan's assistants for head football coach. He might have coaching staff members from Clemson or formerly from Clemson,from South Carolina and other places where he knows position coaches. Pretty much the same way Jeremy Pruitt put his staff together at Tennessee.

The problem with that logic is that Pruitt, Smart, Fisher, and Dantonio all had stints as coordinators or position coaches with multiple large programs before taking on their head coaching positions. Elliott has been at Furman and Clemson. I could only hope he has made contacts throughout the SEC and ACC through his current role at Clemson, but I would think a more diverse coaching background would set up a better staff. Just my two cents.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Yes and Clemp can hide them in
PARKS, RECREATION AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT,
PAN AFRICAN STUDIES,
COMMUNCATIONS,
TURFGRASS,
WORLD CINEMA

No of course we will never get all the recruits that the factories take, but with the right guy and system that kids feel give them a chance to play in the NFL in place we can get a helluva lot more than in the past.

Animal02

Banned
No of course we will never get all the recruits that the factories take, but with the right guy and system that kids feel give them a chance to play in the NFL in place we can get a helluva lot more than in the past.
After getting past the "majors" issue, they have to be academically qualified to get into Tech, stay eligible and advance toward a degree. Everyone thinks you just magically bring in a better "recruiter" and the problem is solved. That is delusional. The fact is, considering the limitations, CPJ was working miracles.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
After getting past the "majors" issue, they have to be academically qualified to get into Tech, stay eligible and advance toward a degree. Everyone thinks you just magically bring in a better "recruiter" and the problem is solved. That is delusional. The fact is, considering the limitations, CPJ was working miracles.
I'm a CPJ supporter - and if you think CPJ was working miracles, you're delusional. Did he do a good job? In my opinion, yes. But I'm not ready to give him or anyone on his staff recruiter of the year.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Anyone here not trust TStan to be able to make the right hire regardless of what scheme the coach will run?

Or are you going to complain from day one if the coach that gets hired just doesn't specialize in whatever offense you wanted to see GT run?

I'm trying to gauge and set my own expectations to see if we can at least give the new guy a few years of committed support regardless of what offensive scheme he runs and also the W/L while he builds the team he needs.
Do I trust TStan have no reason not to at this time.
Don't care what offense the new coach runs.
I would give the new coach 3 years and want to see improvement each year

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, what’s the sense on finding and announcing the new guy. I would think it would have to be next week some time if we are to keep the recruiting class we have and try to add some additional pieces to fit the new scheme if appropriate. No?

Lawyer mark

Jolly Good Fellow
I also do not care if coach is an option coach or not. Need someone younger and a good recruiter, I like winning and don’t care if we pass or run to do so...

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
What about Todd Monken, the cousin of Jeff Monken? he is the Tampa OC now and was head guy at S. miss and OC at Oklahoma State. - He is probably happy to be in NFL although we would guarantee him 20 mil or so, which is more than he has guaranteed at Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.