Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Chad Lunsford and his coordinator, Bob Debesse, are coaching football 3 hours away from Atlanta. They went 9-3 this year. It fits hand-in-glove with current Georgia Tech talent. We'd be in the shotgun half the time. Lots of unique formations but maintain Triple Option principles. Kirvonte would become a star overnight... Lucas Johnson fits perfectly.

• Under his watch the Lobo offense continues to be prolific and record setting.
  • In 2016, the Lobos blitzed several school records on the way to leading the nation in rushing yards per game, a first in program history. It also marked the fifth time in five seasons UNM has finished in the top-10 in rushing nationally
  • The Lobo offense was prolific scoring 48 rushing touchdowns, breaking the school record
  • The Lobos also broke the school record for total offense, racking up an astonishing 5,939 yards
  • UNM also led the nation in rushing plays of 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 70 yards or more, and UNM running back Teriyon Gipson led the nation in yards per attempt, averaging 8.75 yards per carry.
  • In the 2015 season, the Lobos led the nation in total plays of 60 or more yards (11) and 70 or more yards (7). In addition, the team ranked second nationally in rushes of 30, 50, 60, and 70 or more yards, and was third in rushes of 40 or more yards
  • The Lobos added a deadly aerial attack as well and the team threw three touchdown passes of 80 or more yards in the final five games of the season, the most 80-yard completions in the history of UNM for a single season.
Wish you were the AD

a5ehren

Jolly Good Fellow
Brilliant offensive mind. Probably too out there for Tech. But he will be coaching P5 again ... soon.
Kendall Briles was the magic there. They've been awful this year.

Also currently have the #10 class in the C-USA. Kiffin thought he was bouncing after this season and mailed it in. Then he won 5 games after his magic beans moved on to Houston.

Rod64

Georgia Tech Fan
Right now the names I am seeing/hearing:

Ken Wisenhunt- Chargers OC
Scott Satterfield- App State HC
Brian Bohannon- Kennesaw St HC

(long shot)- Gus Malzahn- Auburn HC (rumors Auburn is going to make a big HC move and leave Gus without a job).
Heck know !

Animal02

Banned
Depends on what’s the philosophy. If we going to be about developing players for the NFL. Grooming QB’s like Stanford & Duke. Playing a “pro-style” offense and getting smart kids that won’t a shot at the league, then Wisenhunt makes sense.
Yeah....nothing like setting your entire system up for the 2% :rolleyes:

Southside jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Why do some think that this change will be 3-4 years or rebuilding purgatory? Johnson took over a team not built for his offense and had arguably one of his best years. Look, I would take a couple of years of .500 to get away from the crap we’ve had and I can’t believe (unfortunately I really can) that some are thinking about coaches who run this same system. This is a 5+ year long decision for whoever gets brought in and it needs real thought.

17-18 year old young men / boys need to want to come here, have a coach with Dabo-esque excitement, positive message and can relate to them. That was not something Johnson could ever do or seemingly wanted to do.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I am still strongly supporting we get a *defense first* coach with strong recruiting.

However, if we don't go for Monken and we have to get an offensive guy, I think we need to get someone from the Mike Leach or Art Briles coaching tree. Both Air Raid and Veer and Shoot are meant to do more with less, just like our current offense is. Of the non factory schools in the top offensive efficiency, most come from either the CPJ, Briles, or Leach trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.