Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Would love to see Chad Lunsford from GSU, the real one, but he LOVES that school and in my heart of hearts I think it's a year or 2 too early for him to get big offers.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I said it above, so I'll say it again: we need to hire Bohannon and right now.

The other candidates will either be unable to make use of the players we now have - and we've got some good ones - or be too expensive. First, if we hire someone who will come in and try to use players recruited for a system offense to run an O premised on having a few "playmakers", we will be looking at multiple years of disastrous seasons. I keep hearing about "football irrelevancy" here; have a string of 3 - 9 years and see where we end up. We have been able to keep the program steady and get to great heights occasionally largely because we have been recruited for a system O that allows us to specialize our recruiting so that we get players we can use effectively. Someone like Malzahn or Wisenhunt or Satterfield would be lost at Tech and unable to get the players they need to run their programs. Bohannon could step right in without a hiccup.

Second, we could get him for a decent price. We need every extra penny for program development now. Someone like Malzahn would be another (and less successful) Paul Hewitt.

This is, as some above have said, a big decision, especially with recruiting in a sensitive stage. Hire Bohannon (provided he'd leave KSU, of course) and we'll get the continuity we need. Bring in a "disruptor" and we'll end up the Sears-Roebuck of college football.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer

The other candidates will either be unable to make use of the players we now have - and we've got some good ones - or be too expensive. First, if we hire someone who will come in and try to use players recruited for a system offense to run an O premised on having a few "playmakers", we will be looking at multiple years of disastrous seasons. I keep hearing about "football irrelevancy" here; have a string of 3 - 9 years and see where we end up. We have been able to keep the program steady and get to great heights occasionally largely because we have been recruited for a system O that allows us to specialize our recruiting so that we get players we can use effectively. Someone like Malzahn or Wisenhunt or Satterfield would be lost at Tech and unable to get the players they need to run their programs. Bohannon could step right in without a hiccup.

Second, we could get him for a decent price. We need every extra penny for program development now. Someone like Malzahn would be another (and less successful) Paul Hewitt.

This is, as some above have said, a big decision, especially with recruiting in a sensitive stage. Hire Bohannon (provided he'd leave KSU, of course) and we'll get the continuity we need. Bring in a "disruptor" and we'll end up the Sears-Roebuck of college football.
I'd be fine with this, Monken might be the better coach though.

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Why would anyone want Shiano? OSU has a trash defense with a bunch of 5 stars. So he won 11 games once at Rutgers, then won 7-8 games several other times. No thanks, brings nothing to the table. He's another one that would be Chan 2.0

Id argue winning 7-8 at Rutgers every year is pretty damn good. They haven't been anywhere close to relevant since he left

alagold

Helluva Engineer

I think Moncken is a better candidate than Bo.JM is playing vs big time P5 schools now.Personality -wise I don't know.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Id argue winning 7-8 at Rutgers every year is pretty damn good. They haven't been anywhere close to relevant since he left
Most years he won 7 and then won a crap bowl game. The guy after him went to 3 straight bowls as well. He improved the program, but didn't do anything outstanding besides the one 11 win season. Boring football, and obviously not a great defensive coach the way OSU gave up points this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.