Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT22

Georgia Tech Fan
That would be interesting if they hired Satterfield. That would be 2 coaches in a row for Tech that's probably super pissed at UNC for not even considering them as their next coach.
I agree with the poster above with an offense akin to O'Leary/Fridge era

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I would take Gus in a heartbeat, i would also look at Lane Kiffin

What makes anyone think Gus could be effective in recruiting at Tech, based on his years at an agricultural school-Auburn ? surely you understand admissions is easier ? 5 stars at Auburn would not get into Tech. Given that what coaching talent does Guz have that makes you want him ?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn gets a bad rap. They just beat bama last year and won probably the best division in cfb. Also took a former uga WR, made him into a QB, then took them to the national title game
I have my doubts about him succeeding at Tech with the academic restrictions, and don’t see how he wouldn’t be a top target if he and auburn parted ways. Every P5 program probably has him near the top of their list.
But if he’s there and amicable, I don’t see how he isn’t a top target
Gus Malzahn is too expensive and will never happen

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
The level of a lack of awareness sprinkled throughout this thread is laughable. First off, no one who graduated from the University of Georgia or even with a strong affiliation with or anything that smells of UGA will ever be the Head Football Coach at Georgia Tech. So if you are touting anyone of that ilk, you just don't understand Georgia Tech and specifically the football program. Guys like Mike Leach and Art Briles are not going to be candidates to be our Head Coach. Stansbury is the AD and he will make the choice and he will make a good choice.

Go Jackets!

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Uh, you do realize that this was the reasoning when we hired B*** L****? We need someone who knows what to do with what we've got. That'd be Bohannon.

Oh ok so if we hire someone who gives a crap about promoting our program then then they will be Bill Lewis. Makes perfect sense.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn's offense depends on a Cam Newton style QB. Which he can't get even at Auburn. I think he'd fail miserably at Tech.
LJ *could* fit what that scheme needs. I don't think Gus is the correct long term choice, but I think he would do the best with what we have on hand now. He would be a terrible hire though.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
He couldn't recruit at Florida that shows you how much he sucked at recruiting
He brought in the 6th, 5th, and 4th best classes in the SEC. After he left, they brought in the 11th best class. That good enough for me in a loaded conference. He made the SECCG 2 for 2 years (probably would have missed the 3rd) so he likely is a good in-game coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.