Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hearing a lot more talk that this is KW’s job to turn down.

Oh my. If that's the case, CPJ may well be our coach again in 2 years when TStan steps down due to "family reasons" after Whisenhunt is shown the door. Marvin Lewis will ascend to AD...and CPJ will rise like a phoenix from the ashes of slaying too many bass around the Southeast.

In all seriousness, this is GT's chance to make some noise, don't blow it Stansbury.

Campbeae

Georgia Tech Fan
Welp KW is conducting an offense in Pittsburgh starting right now for those who want to watch

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I've seen some posts here conjecturing that the Wiz is a done deal because we haven't heard anything about anyone else but his interview. Supposed interview. TS hasn't said anything yet and many are worried about what he's thinking, who we are hiring, etc. I get all that, but did anyone consider that he has just helped select the top 4 teams in college football? He has been with a very select group of AD's and other top football people all season, rating teams for the past 6+ weeks, watching lots of film on every decent team in the country. He's seen OSU, bama, uGa, auburn, Clemson, OU, uCF and anyone else that might have had a shot at the final 4.

I would think that a smart guy who knew 2 months ago that his HOF head coach was ready to pack it in would be thinking about who was doing what with what level of players all along. I would be very surprised if he hasn't been talking to these other football savants and asking their thoughts as well. We have all thrown our $.02 in on Elliot, Satterfield, etc. but he has seen a lot more film on all these guys than we have. I won't be surprised if he comes up with someone not out "our" list, and I'd be willing to bet that whoever he picks will cause some of us to say "where did that guy come from".

CPJ said at his press conference that he was ready to leave a few years ago when Sasquatch was there because he couldn't get anything he needed. He also said that TS isn't that guy and that he does get it. TS will make a good choice, even if it doesn't work out. Remember, it's always a gamble to a certain extent. We have stacked the deck as much as we can in our favor, so we now get to see how the cards play out. It's all good.

Thanks for the thoughtful post but I have this awful feeling that we are about to [emoji90] the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
So tired of him getting crap. Good dude, hang out with him sometime. Fought his arse off. Compare him to some of the snowflake crap i see today on the field i go into a fight with reggie everyday. Not gonna say anything bad about our players now. But we had some hard *** dudes 12-20 years ago that would eat the lunch of some guys i see now. Just sayin.

Football rules have made it less scared
Reggie had the best arm and no one could beat him out. Only thing I saw was that he never learned finesse in his throws. If my memory is correct, he beat Auburn in his first collegiate game as a true freshman. I think coaching was his biggest issue. I hate it too that he got such a bad rap. In my mind, if he had the body size, he would have played on Sundays as a linebacker.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Not sure he has a better chance at being successful at South Carolina and I would say less of a chance at Arkansas. I don’t see the appeal there. They are clearly one of the bottom feeders in that division. That’s a tough job.

There is one reason and only one reason for the appeal such as it is for Arkansas. You are the flagship state university with unlimited majors, near total dominance of instate talent and proximity to Texas. This is what attracted Frank Broyles from being an assistant at Georgia Tech to take the head coaching job at Arkansas according to Coach Dodd. He actually did quite well for himself in making Arkansas a regional power for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.