Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Appreciate all the comments and agree with every one. Particularly that McGee's recent association takes a bit of the shine off of him. Bonus though would be stealing who is likely the Dwags most popular coach among players. Still, my point is that someone like that is out there somewhere that can be a real difference maker in elevating GT to an elite level. Let's face it, we just need to be a level above the rest of the coastal to be in the mix for a New Years bowl every year that we play in the ACC championship. I'm worried that the "safe" choices will either keep us at the level we are at or a step backward. And if we're going to stay where we're at, let's at least have an identity and not look like every other team out there. I know that Duke has owned us lately but they're really at the same level, not ahead of us, and I'm sorry but having to watch that style of football just does not excite me. Go Todd, stake your claim in history with this choice. GO JACKETS!!
All good points and welcome aboard.

Its one of 3 types of hires.
1 Its big name ($$$at top and little $ staff)

2 Its Non name brand w short resume ( lower $ at top but best possible staff $$$.)

3 Its a lessor known but still with good track record. Even split w hc $ and staff)

I think your guy would be a 2. I m fine with anything but 1. Imo we need a great supporting staff. Also we hope the new guy will come in and keep some of the old staff.

I wonder if u could point to how he has innovated in his career.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
All good points and welcome aboard.

Its one of 3 types of hires.
1 Its big name ($$$at top and little $ staff)

2 Its Non name brand w short resume ( lower $ at top but best possible staff $$$.)

3 Its a lessor known but still with good track record. Even split w hc $ and staff)

I think your guy would be a 2. I m fine with anything but 1. Imo we need a great supporting staff. Also we hope the new guy will come in and keep some of the old staff.

I wonder if u could point to how he has innovated in his career.

How about a 1. And then pay staffing really well too? People just pony up the friggin money!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Wow, someone who doesn't know who should be our next coach. You must be the only one...who admits it.

Seriously, there are plenty of seeming good candidates, and a capable AD. I think we'll come out of it with a good one.

Well, I certainly hope you’re right! However, one thing keeps popping up inside my mind.

Suppose our next GT football coach is a guy that runs a different type of offense, and it doesn’t work after two or three years. Would Georgia Tech then pull a “Georgia Southern” and hire a spread option coach as its next guy?

I believe this is really something to ponder.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Well, I certainly hope you’re right! However, one thing keeps popping up inside my mind.

Suppose our next GT football coach is a guy that runs a different type of offense, and it doesn’t work after two or three years. Would Georgia Tech then pull a “Georgia Southern” and hire a spread option coach as its next guy?

A distinct possibility.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

If we hire an awful coach. Cpj will look like a god and monken will be here. Lol. Totally possible. And thats kinda cpj point. The rear view mirror always looks better

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
They have lost 12 guys to the NFL the last two years and most early.

Belichick considers him one of the best defensive minds in the game. I’m not worried about one year as a coordinator, just more curious based on what happened at UT would we accept him? It’s rare we could get a coach who almost got a very good SEC job. Would be a great hire IMO.
You know why UT fans revolted, right? He was at Penn St in the 90's and according to other assistants Schiano witnessed a Sandusky "situation" and did nothing about it (allegedly)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Kind of laughable we wouldn’t consider Schiano.

- 56-33 last 7 years at RU (5-1 in bowl games)
- ESPN ranked him the #1 recruiting assistant last year. Strong hold recruiting in FL and he can recruit nationally
- We need a coach who can compete with the top tier programs in ACC. He can do that.
- NFL experience. Even though it was bad he has that chip.
- Has our SO much talent into the NFL
Sh*tiano is an:asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat::asshat:

herb

Helluva Engineer
You know why UT fans revolted, right? He was at Penn St in the 90's and according to other assistants Schiano witnessed a Sandusky "situation" and did nothing about it (allegedly)

Whoever we hire, I will eventually get behind them. Unless it is him. Then I am out until he is gone. My dad went to Tech. I went there. I have a child there now. But if we went that way, I am gone.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee fans were rightly highly indignant about former AD John Currie trying to hire his and Cleveland Browns Owner along with huge money Alumni Jimmy Haslam's buddy Greg Sh*tiano

buzzwilder

Georgia Tech Fan
Tennessee fans were rightly highly indignant about former AD John Currie trying to hire his and Cleveland Browns Owner along with huge money Alumni Jimmy Haslam's buddy Greg Sh*tiano
I know UT fans got a bad rap from some of the national media about this, but when one of his co-workers testifies under oath that he witnessed Schiano turn a blind eye, it's hard to ignore. Can't blame UT fans.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Do you people think a recruit is going to commit to a school without knowing who the head coach is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.