Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think either are realistic for the reasons already mentioned.

That said, Babers should consider his stock this year vs. next year, when next year he'll be without Dungey and 30 turnovers gained.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
.0001% Both of these guys are getting interest from much bigger football schools than us. Babers to USC maybe end of next season if Helton and Kingsbury don't get it done next year, and Campbell rumored for Ohio St gig whenever Urban leaves which may be this year.
According to an OSU friend of mine, who still lives in Columbus, OSU is waiting on Luke Fickell

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks Capt. Obvious, of course he needs to be a great recruiter and has to have some go-getters on staff
Your argument was his scheme costs us multiple players per year, and if we bring in a different system, we'll automatically get more NFL guys, even if we change nothing about the way that we recruit.

My argument was the reason we've missed on some higher-rated prospects was less about scheme and more about recruiting hard and differently than has been done traditionally. It feels like that wasn't quite as obvious to you based on some of your comments..

Southside jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
As I pointed out elsewhere, this is the kind of thinking that got us B*** L****. We need someone who knows what to do with the players we've got and who can recruit within our limitations. Those limits will not change! Learn to live with it.
Yea, great message......we can’t get better, let’s accept that we can only achieve mediocre status and that’s good enough. It’s exactly that kind of thinking that kept Johnson around as long as he was.

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Give me a CEO to run the program right. And I'm all over keeping Nate Woody at DC and taking a shot with Kenny Dillingham as OC. No rumor I've read, just like the sound of the guy and what he has done in his (short) career.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
We won't turn into UGAg, but we'll recruit higher rated classes with a different offense. Question is will we squander them like UNC, South Carolina, schools of that ilk.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
The people that talk about our struggles in recruiting talk about what holds us back in recruiting. Are we behind the 8-ball, yes? Can we still do better than 50sih with the right guy? Yes. "But we haven't in the past" ... My rebuttal to that is that we've had 3 boring guys in their 50-60s since GOL and Russell Athletic. No reason why we can't recruit in the top 25-35 regularly with the right guy and the right AD (which we have)... just my opinion.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Sorry if already posted

I would be happy with either of these and if this is the direction TStan is thinking of going, I am happy.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Anyone here not trust TStan to be able to make the right hire regardless of what scheme the coach will run?

Or are you going to complain from day one if the coach that gets hired just doesn't specialize in whatever offense you wanted to see GT run?

I'm trying to gauge and set my own expectations to see if we can at least give the new guy a few years of committed support regardless of what offensive scheme he runs and also the W/L while he builds the team he needs.
I like your think8ng but despair that this fan base will pull together behind the new coach.......too many unrealistic expectations and too many fans who think they know more than people who do sports for a living.....

herb

Helluva Engineer
Sorry if already posted

I would be happy with either of these and if this is the direction TStan is thinking of going, I am happy.

I mean one of these guys can't even spell his own name right, how the heck is he going to work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.