Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal02

Banned
You may be right, and if so they probably don't truly believe what they are saying. You know how the internet is.

On the other side of the coin, it also gets exhausting having numerous people keep repeating that we have to keep the TO or that we MUST get Monken or Bohannan. No thanks, there are other offenses that can be successful. We see how it worked here with the "master" of the offense, not sure why anyone thinks they would come in here and significantly improve what we have already been doing.
The offense is a consequence of the disciplined type individual that will make it at Tech.....just like at Army or Navy.

Animal02

Banned
I think this is true. While there are good arguments that we need "national" recruiting, guess what ... many other programs ARE recruiting nationally. So once we match that, we are right back to parity and have to find an edge. Even Bark Madley asked, "What makes Tech think that doing the same thing as Clemson, only worse ... will help?"
Some are recruiting nationally...the difference is Tech NEEDS to. Just like the $$$$ wars....we are behind.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Agree...but if they don't at least look at a CPJ type, it will appear they believed he was on the wrong track.
Well only time will tell if he was on the right track or not.

As an aside, I also don't see anyone saying we can only run the option. I see people that are fan of the option and want to see it continued. But that's the same thing as others saying something like "we need to pass more".

Animal02

Banned
Well only time will tell if he was on the right track or not.

As an aside, I also don't see anyone saying we can only run the option. I see people that are fan of the option and want to see it continued. But that's the same thing as others saying something like "we need to pass more".
I don't think we can only run the option, I do think option type offenses are particularly suited for the type of students that come to Tech.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Word on the street is that we already got a verbal commitment from our next guy. Would make sense if CPJ had actually been vocal with TStan mid season about probably retiring.

If that's true then this will be an underwhelming hire. Means the dude had no other options to wait on.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I share those same thoughts. I would hope the search would take a little longer than that, but this is just what I’ve heard.

Only thing I've heard, which many others have also posted, is that another "option" coach would not be received well by the money guys so that means something like Wisenhunt or Key. *yawn*

A guy like Elliot would be waiting until Clem's season is about done before even interviewing.

I'll give them till noon to make an announcement if not I'll pick the next Head Coach.

Hey, can you hire my search firm to ... uhm, "consult"? You can make the decision and all that but I mean GT would be fitting the bill so why not slide me some duckets in the process?

Status
Not open for further replies.