Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Agree on not getting a seasoned P5 but I think we should be able to get a higher G5 coach ie Frost, or Satterfield types. I just think he needs time at a bigger G5 before jumping to us. Since Urban myer is in the news I will use him as an example. He was at BG then Utah and then UF. I think Collins needs that Utah type school before coming to us.
This is a reasonable take. Personally, I'm ok with taking a swing at Collins, but I think your hesitancy is warranted.

One way this could still be advantageous to us is lower salary/buyout expectations. That leaves more money for assistants and support staff.

Whether Collins or others, we are in a strong position with a lot of interested parties where we should not have to back up the Brinks truck. Hopefully we can save and deploy the extra capital wisely.

Deleted member 2897

Admins - someone reported that a pay-for article on Rivals was screenshotted and posted to the GTSwarm FB Page. That is poor form if you can delete that... Edit: I don’t know if this is actually this GT Swarm or if it’s someone else.

https://cl.ly/792fce5c4210

Edit #2:

Last edited by a moderator:

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Surely Todd is talking to a bunch of coaches. Huepel should be interviewed, Fickle should be interviewed, Collins, Monken, Elliot... SURELY the AD is doing his job. Idk if we ever find out but if he just had KW lined up the whole time he needs to be fired immediately ala Tennessee last year.

Most disturbing thing about the whole process is TStan not A)Be completely open about what/who or B) trying to be secretive and have all these leaks / rumors.
More disturbing to me is that he let or wanted the big money old farts to run the show, just like those who insisted we hire Carson, then later fire him, who ran off Fulcher, and who hire B** effin' L****

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The universe of who would know this (48 hours) is small. I hope Todd can ferret out who is leaking this stuff.

And what happens after 48 hours? Does that mean he’s going to offer it to someone else? Does that mean he’s going to start a “for real” search after 48 hours? Why 48 hours and not 24 or 72? So many questions...I smell a rat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Guys - our HC job is attractive, but it is not "high end" attractive. People like Urban, sa(t)an, etc. are not going to take our job, ever. First of all, we can't pay them enough (or won't pay them enough), and the recruiting headache compared to a factory is substantial. We are attractive to college coaches in the G5 and FCS and maybe coordinators at P5 schools (and maybe NFL coordinator lifers), but please understand our limitations.

Heck, Curry left his alma mater to coach at a factory. There is a reason this happened, and today it is even more of an issue.

Deleted member 2897

And what happens after 48 hours? Does that mean he’s going to offer it to someone else? Does that mean he’s going to start a “for real” search after 48 hours? Why 48 hours and not 24 or 72? So many questions...I smell a rat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s like a used car deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.