Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys - our HC job is attractive, but it is not "high end" attractive. People like Urban, sa(t)an, etc. are not going to take our job, ever. First of all, we can't pay them enough (or won't pay them enough), and the recruiting headache compared to a factory is substantial. We are attractive to college coaches in the G5 and FCS and maybe coordinators at P5 schools (and maybe NFL coordinator lifers), but please understand our limitations.

Heck, Curry left his alma mater to coach at a factory. There is a reason this happened, and today it is even more of an issue.
That's because the big-money old farts are willing to shell out the dough to hire a loser but are not willing to shell it out to support him.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Admins - someone reported that a pay-for article on Rivals was screenshotted and posted to the GTSwarm FB Page. That is poor form if you can delete that... Edit: I don’t know if this is actually this GT Swarm or if it’s someone else.

https://cl.ly/792fce5c4210

Edit #2:

That's not us. And no we really wouldn't on purpose, only thing we have posting to _our_ facebook account is auto-posts for new threads.

kalld12

Banned
they are leaking it on purpose so that KW can get a raise and more years on his contract at LA! this is the most logical explanation[/QUOTE

Crossing my fingers on this one. Would make sense. What doesn't make sense is Todd interviewing one candidate then offering the damn job to him. ****, i'd even take Monken over KW

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Admins - someone reported that a pay-for article on Rivals was screenshotted and posted to the GTSwarm FB Page. That is poor form if you can delete that... Edit: I don’t know if this is actually this GT Swarm or if it’s someone else.

https://cl.ly/792fce5c4210

Edit #2:

FYI, shared with you in PM but since it's out there already, that's not our Facebook page.

After reading full details of Bohannon, I think he is the guy for the job. He knows Georgia High Schools and will continue to evolve the CPJ offense. That said it is the defense where we need to recruit.

GT_EE78

Banned
11 years ago, the candidate that I thought was best for the Institute was chosen. This time, I really can't say 100% who I believe is the best, but I certainly cannot believe that it is KW. I believe KW would be the "good ol' boy", need a GT man pick.

I am an old guy, but it seems obvious to me that we need a young, aggressive coach that has fire in his belly and has already shown a semblance of success on a lower level as a college HC.

As Stansbury himself said, it should be most of all, an "innovator", because that is what GT needs. I agree with this so much, but if the pick is KW, then this statement was just window dressing by ADTS.
well, in retrospect 11 years of not passing may have been the appropriate response to 4 consecutive years of Reggie ball (wonder if he was related to Lavar?) somehow i think a balanced offense will always work best.

Status
Not open for further replies.