Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I saw this on twitter and I belive this has happened. People not liking Whiz has become a bandwagon thing. Some people didn’t like the fact of him being the HC iland gave reasons why, so more people started not liking it without knowing all the details or realizing ways it could work. I’m guilty of this myself. After doing research and actually trying to figure out ways it could work, I actually wouldn’t mind the hire anymore.

It COULD work IF substantial changes were made by the Tech administration in recognizing that the old way of doing business is no longer tenable. We cannot be cheap in regards to facilities, assistant coaches, or especially recruiting resources. These things must be addressed or we are looking at a decade of mediocrity. We can no longer scheme our way around this we must meet it head on. Change is not easy but the days of selling Tech solely on its academics or traditions or past accomplishments will no longer keep us in the race. We are in serious danger of being lapped and not just by Clemson and UGA.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I respect your opinion because you are a good Tech fan. BUT I STILL DON"T WANT HIM.
I can respect this, let me makes this clear though because I’m not sure if I posted this on this site (actually I’m pretty sure I did but I’ll do it again lol) if we hire Whiz, things will be just as much, if not more about the assistants hired. The only way I think Whiz works, is if we go out and hire top shelf assistants and an OC who will bring a spread option scheme. Imo this is what we will see if Whiz is hired, and that is why I would be ok with the hire.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
It COULD work IF substantial changes were made by the Tech administration in recognizing that the old way of doing business is no longer tenable. We cannot be cheap in regards to facilities, assistant coaches, or especially recruiting resources. These things must be addressed or we are looking at a decade of mediocrity. We can no longer scheme our way around this we must meet it head on. Change is not easy but the days of selling Tech solely on its academics or traditions or past accomplishments will no longer keep us in the race. We are in serious danger of being lapped and not just by Clemson and UGA.
Agree, if we put the resources needed into the program Whiz could work. If not then it wouldn’t work imo. However, this is how i feel about any coach that is hired for the most part.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I respect your opinion because you are a good Tech fan. BUT I STILL DON"T WANT HIM.

Don't blame you a bit. Personally, I would prefer a young, hungry head coach who is willing to address our problems in creative ways that will upset the ACC and Swofford to the extent that the mere mention of Georgia Tech will cause them to curse like sailors.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Agree, if we put the resources needed into the program Whiz could work. If not then it wouldn’t work imo. However, this is how i feel about any coach that is hired for the most part.

My wife saw a picture of Monken dressed in a black shirt with his black Army hat and thought he was the very picture of what a football coach should look like. Make of that what you will. This is not to be construed as an endorsement of said coach just what one "authoritative expert" has to say. "Yes, dear I told them what you thought"

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
My wife saw a picture of Monken dressed in a black shirt with his black Army hat and thought he was the very picture of what a football coach should look like. Make of that what you will. This is not to be construed as an endorsement of said coach just what one "authoritative expert" has to say. "Yes, dear I told them what you thought"
Tell her I appreciate her jumping into the conversation and to go ahead and join GTSwarm.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I can respect this, let me makes this clear though because I’m not sure if I posted this on this site (actually I’m pretty sure I did but I’ll do it again lol) if we hire Whiz, things will be just as much, if not more about the assistants hired. The only way I think Whiz works, is if we go out and hire top shelf assistants and an OC who will bring a spread option scheme. Imo this is what we will see if Whiz is hired, and that is why I would be ok with the hire.
That is my problem I don't think he would bring the spread option scheme ( not based on anything just MO ) That is what I want to see Spread option short to medium passes .

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Why is he an awful hire, give me reasons why he will no matter what not work? You can’t do that, because it would just be an OPINION, no facts.

Because his offense will not work in college football, much less At GT. Even nick Saban has seen that pro offenses do not work in college because they take too much time to implement and college athletes do not have the time to put into it to make it work. Also, NFL offenses are more about my Jimmies and Joes can beat yours. GT WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DO THAT. Our administration does not have the balls to add to Tech’s curriculum to admit and keep enough of the type kids that are needed to do what Clemson and Bama do. You will never see a pro style offense win in the NCAA again. That is the reason Saban has moved on from it. That is the reason Saban has stomped LSU lately. Saban saw the writing on the wall. NFL offenses can not compete with the simplicity of some of today’s offenses. I don’t know why y’all don’t understand that this will not work within the current frame work of GT. Simply having a little more money will not solve all of the issues we have with attacking athletes.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
That is my problem I don't think he would bring the spread option scheme ( not based on anything just MO ) That is what I want to see Spread option short to medium passes .
I do to, and from what I’m seeing he would be a CEO type coach and could hire a different type of OC from what he runs himself: I guess it’s just a bunch of what ifs at this point. That is what I want as well.

Collinttaylor

Georgia Tech Fan
I don’t have a rivals account, but can anyone comment on who this is about?

Attachments

• 76AC5FB6-AF6D-459F-A1A6-9B4F3EE3F2BC.png
    76AC5FB6-AF6D-459F-A1A6-9B4F3EE3F2BC.png
    477.1 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.