Postseason Chances?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
He hurt it at Clemson. He was holdin git when he came off the court but it didn't seem painful enough to be a break (just based on his body language and expression). Stinks for the kid. He has obviously worked hard and is improving. Now he's likely lost for the rest of the year and has to wait til November to get back in a game

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If someone can find that middle-aged white guy with the bag full of money to pay off the refs to stay away from Lammers that would be helpful ;)

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our slim chances just took a huge hit going 0-2 this week. I felt we had to get 1 to have a chance. We'll fall out of all the brackets now and playing Tusculum won't help at all, basically can only hurt. Don't see how we can get to 9-9 after this week. We'll need to win out at home and steal one on the road somewhere.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Our slim chances just took a huge hit going 0-2 this week. I felt we had to get 1 to have a chance. We'll fall out of all the brackets now and playing Tusculum won't help at all, basically can only hurt. Don't see how we can get to 9-9 after this week. We'll need to win out at home and steal one on the road somewhere.

Winning out at home and winning one on the road puts us at 10-8

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Ted is awful. I cringe whenever I see him or Jamie Luckie at one of our games. Brian Dorsey sucks raw eggs, too.

Unfortunately, Bryan Kersey isn't doing games anymore. (He's head of officiating for the conference now.) He was one of the best for the past several years. I know many don't like him, but Mike Eades is probably the best guy still doing ACC games. I haven't seen Ray Natilli this year but he's good, too. Roger Ayers and Pat Driscoll are steady. Les Jones isn't my favorite, but he's worlds better than Ted & Jamie

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
We now have to beat NCST BC and probably Pitt twice to even sniff a bid AND have a good showing in the ACCT.

I don't see us beating Cuse or winning at Miami or South Bend.

NIT is still more than we ever should have hoped for. Hoping the guys aren't discouraged. On the plus side, Sly earned some PT in the BC game today I think

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Couple of notes. First, Tusculum will not count -they are a Div 2 team, so they do not count toward consideration for either the NCAA or NIT. GT has 10 games left (all ACC) that will constitute their record for post-season.

Red, can you confirm your source for the Tusculum not counting thing? All I can find is section 31.3 (Selection of Teams and Individuals for Championships Partcipations) of the NCAA bylaws which says for a team to be considered countable competition:

"For NCAA team-championship selection purposes, competition is countable only when the teams played are varsity intercollegiate teams of four-year, degree-granting institutions that conduct a majority of their competition in that team sport against varsity intercollegiate teams (see Constitution 3.2.4.5) of United States four-year, degree-granting institutions"

Does Tusculum not fit that mold? Even if they are DII

Attachments

• IMG_0073.jpg
    IMG_0073.jpg
    689.7 KB · Views: 8

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Red, can you confirm your source for the Tusculum not counting thing? All I can find is section 31.3 (Selection of Teams and Individuals for Championships Partcipations) of the NCAA bylaws which says for a team to be considered countable competition:

"For NCAA team-championship selection purposes, competition is countable only when the teams played are varsity intercollegiate teams of four-year, degree-granting institutions that conduct a majority of their competition in that team sport against varsity intercollegiate teams (see Constitution 3.2.4.5) of United States four-year, degree-granting institutions"

Does Tusculum not fit that mold? Even if they are DII

from reading that then the game will count for our W-L record because Tusculum is a 4 year college

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Div II schools do not count for NCAA purposes. That is why they have a little box at the bottom left of the datasheets for non Div 1 games.

The games themselves do not count. They will not appear in the RPI calculations. The win or loss will not appear in your overall record.
UGA has a similar situation from playing Morehouse earlier this year.

We have 7 games left that count. Go 5-2 and GT gets an NCAA bid (imo). Anything less and probably have to get to at least Sunday of the ACC tourney.

Right now my expectation is that GT will fall to the first four out on most brackets on Monday. Wake will likely move into one of the First Four games. Miami with their win should move to a 10/11 seed.
Pitt and NCST would almost have to win out at this point and BC has no postseason.

Needed a split this week to stay in brackets, not surprised we didn't get one. I'm still expecting a Feb swoon due to lack of depth.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Div II schools do not count for NCAA purposes. That is why they have a little box at the bottom left of the datasheets for non Div 1 games.

The games themselves do not count. They will not appear in the RPI calculations. The win or loss will not appear in your overall record.
UGA has a similar situation from playing Morehouse earlier this year.

We have 7 games left that count. Go 5-2 and GT gets an NCAA bid (imo). Anything less and probably have to get to at least Sunday of the ACC tourney.

Right now my expectation is that GT will fall to the first four out on most brackets on Monday. Wake will likely move into one of the First Four games. Miami with their win should move to a 10/11 seed.
Pitt and NCST would almost have to win out at this point and BC has no postseason.

Needed a split this week to stay in brackets, not surprised we didn't get one. I'm still expecting a Feb swoon due to lack of depth.

Yea I found a different source which clarified. Thanks.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also, Syracuse has likely played itself into the bracket or the first 4 off with 3 straight wins over Top 15 teams.