Postseason Chances?

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Right now, I worry less about the postseason than the next game up. All this post season stuff is moot if we start losing. Keep winning and the post season takes care of itself.

GT bball is fun again, so I'm just enjoying the ride. It's been a LONG time since I've been able to say that. I ain't getting greedy thinking about a run in The Dance.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
8 losses is a lot for this time of year.

But if Mich St tears off 2-3 in a row they will be back in that top 25 so fast your head will spin and your shoes will come off.

BleedingGold

Jolly Good Fellow
8 losses is a lot for this time of year.

But if Mich St tears off 2-3 in a row they will be back in that top 25 so fast your head will spin and your shoes will come off.
Seems like Syracuse as 8 losses at this time every year, but somehow still gets in, mainly due to the fact that they have some good quality wins.....much like us.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Seems like Syracuse as 8 losses at this time every year, but somehow still gets in, mainly due to the fact that they have some good quality wins.....much like us.
Actually it rarely happens. Maybe just last year? 20 games in at 11-9 was the worst record Boeheim's ever had that far into the season.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's SI.com bubble watch. I always love this article. They do a great job of explaining in depth one a week how every bubble team in the major conferences stack up. GT gets some focus this week.
Mentions how weak the mid majors are this year and how that helps the major conference teams alot.

Hopefully GT can find a way to pull off one road win this week. As Seth Davis mentioned in the video above as Pastner says, this team has no margin for error to win games.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/01/31/ncaa-tournament-bubble-watch-acc-big-east-sec-pac-12

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
My wife lets me go to one football game a year and usually the basketball game at ND because it's a day trip. She asked me if I bought tickets yet and told her I'm saving that pass for the NCAA Tournament if we get in. I'm praying for Indianapolis or Milwaukee if we make it. The first weekend at a tournament site is one of the best sporting events to be at in any sport.