Postseason Chances?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Lunardi has a new bracketology dated today that has us last 4 in, play in vs. Wichita State to then play South Carolina.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Lunardi is just playing catch up. Most brackets had GT in after ND, he did not.
His bracket now looks much closer to some of the others that updated after last night.

I will say the game this weekend looks really important. I'm not sure Wake can lose that game and have a good chance to make the Tourney. if GT could pull out a victory it would help alot. A win would give GT a Top 50 road win.
Most of the brackets that have updated have GT as a 10/11 seed and Wake as a first four out type.

I think a Wake win this weekend would likely flip things with Wake moving into the bracket and GT moving to first four out territory.

GT has such a small margin of error, imo GT can't take more than 3 more regular season losses and expect to make the Tourney. I think GT needs to go 5-3 the rest of the ACC to have a chance.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
I think Lunardi is just playing catch up. Most brackets had GT in after ND, he did not.
His bracket now looks much closer to some of the others that updated after last night.

I will say the game this weekend looks really important. I'm not sure Wake can lose that game and have a good chance to make the Tourney. if GT could pull out a victory it would help alot. A win would give GT a Top 50 road win.
Most of the brackets that have updated have GT as a 10/11 seed and Wake as a first four out type.

I think a Wake win this weekend would likely flip things with Wake moving into the bracket and GT moving to first four out territory.

GT has such a small margin of error, imo GT can't take more than 3 more regular season losses and expect to make the Tourney. I think GT needs to go 5-3 the rest of the ACC to have a chance.
I agree with Red. 5-3 rest of the way and they should be in - that means winning (at least) one on the road - of the four left - Wake and Miami are the most winnable, I do not like our chances going to Notre Dame and Syracuse (who appears to be a great team at home and mediocre on the road). All the remaining home games are winnable, but also could be losses - last night showed how little margin for error this team has - with only 4 players that can realistically be counted on to score in double figures any night.

BC is better than anyone imagined at start of the season and has a lot more offense than GT if we're not solid on D - I do think GT is better than BC and 'should win since it is at McCamish'. NC State will want revenge and has a lot more talent than their record (most underachieving team award), Syracuse is still capable ... Pitt could be easiest of the bunch but they have two of the top scorers in the league and gave UNC all they wanted a couple days ago. Our early season weak SOS will hurt, but like others have said I think this team really needed those games or we would not be here ... I was there when Kellen McCormick bailed everyone out against #300+ RPI NC A&T and then three days later something happened and a different team showed up against UNC.

Hoping for 5-3 (NCAA at best a 10/11 seed), thinking it's more likey they go 4-4 or 3-5 (probably NIT), but could be worse.
We're only one serious injury to a key player from going 0-8 the rest of the way.

I am just thrilled a tread like this even exists - if anyone on this thought this team could realistically be in the NCAA conversation at this point back in November, I would have questioned their sanity.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BC can score the ball, but are pretty bad on defense. If you can hold one of their shooters down you can beat them, but if they all get going then they can score a ton of points. With Chatman going nuts the last 2 games they have 4 guys that can really shoot the ball. But on the flip side they give up 48% FG and 40% 3FG to opponents, foul alot, don't force alot of TO and are a mediocre rebounding team.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
BC can score the ball, but are pretty bad on defense. If you can hold one of their shooters down you can beat them, but if they all get going then they can score a ton of points. With Chatman going nuts the last 2 games they have 4 guys that can really shoot the ball. But on the flip side they give up 48% FG and 40% 3FG to opponents, foul alot, don't force alot of TO and are a mediocre rebounding team.

Should also add that BC is a terrible road team

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For those that are interested, Bracket Matrix updated last night. This is a good site if you want to get a sense of how all the various brackets look.
Right now it has GT as a 10, has Clemson as the 10 right in front of GT. Has Wake as the #4 out. The game this weekend is so important. The loser has an uphill battle imo to make the tourney.

http://bracketmatrix.com/

Currently has 10 ACC teams in with Miami the last team as an 11 seed.