#POSTGAME uga 37 - GT 14

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I’m looking at this game the same way I would if Collins was the coach. The new coach effect will wear off of Key or whoever we have and we will start to nitpick and judge small things throughout games will lead to instant coach bashing. With that being said there’s almost 0 things you could point to being at the fault of the coaches today, matter of fact we out-schemed them in the first half. My choice is still Chadwell but if Key is named Head Coach tomorrow i’m 100% bought in.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
Was at the game. LOTS of nervous nellies around me until mid-third quarter. Great first drive and fun to score first!!!! NO SHUTOUT!!!

First quarter was awesome! First half was great. Second half, not so much. ST still strugging with containing the return - just kick it out of bounds if you can't get this under control. Take out the dropped passes, the bad punt snap and the fumble, and it might have been a 9-point game or less. This is the best we've played against GA in 5 years. Maybe 6. Making them sweat was fun.

We shut down the pass and mostly #19. The run was like either we stopped them or they got 30+. That's what hurt us.

Funny how everyone around me was like "GA got all the calls going the wrong way" - it's always the same song by them, and it's annoying. By my count it was about 50/50 on who got what calls going what way. Many too close to call with a replay. I've been at games where the refs were a problem, but not a lot of them - usually one a season or every other season. These were not bad refs. They got booed a LOT. Dawg fans think every call should always benefit them or the refs are cheating.

#2 Ohio State fell AT HOME by 22. I'd say we did alright to lose to #1 by 23. I always hate to lose to UGA, but we were 36.5 pt underdogs!
IMG_9870.jpg

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Was at the game. LOTS of nervous nellies around me until mid-third quarter. Great first drive and fun to score first!!!! NO SHUTOUT!!!
#2 Ohio State fell AT HOME by 22. I'd say we did alright to lose to #1 by 23. I always hate to lose to UGA, but we were 36.5 pt underdogs!
Great update! Thanks for the in-person perspective.

I'm assuming it was an arranged wedding?

angry homer simpson GIF

:p

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
They were reviewed and both were the call on the field stands.

Both would have been very hard to overturn as there was not clear evidence in the reviews that showed the calls were wrong. Had they been called the other way both would have stood as well.

The refs went with the as called on the field all game.

Refs weren’t an issue.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
A few hours after the alcohol has worn off and still not sure how to feel . I mean not sure if it's apathy or what, and that feeling like we knew we were going to lose or the high from that first quarter to the disappointment that we reverted to bad tech mistakes .

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

First quarter was awesome! First half was great. Second half, not so much. ST still strugging with containing the return - just kick it out of bounds if you can't get this under control. Take out the dropped passes, the bad punt snap and the fumble, and it might have been a 9-point game or less. This is the best we've played against GA in 5 years. Maybe 6. Making them sweat was fun.

We shut down the pass and mostly #19. The run was like either we stopped them or they got 30+. That's what hurt us.

Funny how everyone around me was like "GA got all the calls going the wrong way" - it's always the same song by them, and it's annoying. By my count it was about 50/50 on who got what calls going what way. Many too close to call with a replay. I've been at games where the refs were a problem, but not a lot of them - usually one a season or every other season. These were not bad refs. They got booed a LOT. Dawg fans think every call should always benefit them or the refs are cheating.

#2 Ohio State fell AT HOME by 22. I'd say we did alright to lose to #1 by 23. I always hate to lose to UGA, but we were 36.5 pt underdogs! View attachment 13624
Amen about georgie fans complaining about refs. They have got to be the luckiest football program I’ve ever seen. They just haven’t been good enough to capitalize until recently. Bunch of spoiled babies that think they deserve everything they want. I even heard some complaining about how much they hate Tech for making them sweat in the first half. Good grief!

RabidJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
4 PLAYS-- the 2 dropped passes, the obvious fumble recovery that ruled against us and of course the botched punt--if these were erased somehow I believe this game would have gone down in Tech LEGEND! So SAD! (and I am firmly behind KEY being named HC. (this judgment is based on 65+ years of "intuition" being a rabid Tech fan.)

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
A. Was nice to feel relevant. Even if only for a half.

B. The punt snap issue, our fumble, their non fumble, and the two drops hurt, but I'm still proud of the guys.

C. Up in the nose bleeds, mutts were sweating until it was 30-7.

D. We gave up on the run to early imho, it was working on drive 1 then we went airborne and couldn't regain what we needed.

E. If we had gotten up 14-0 I think this game would have been cracked wide open. One day they will get out of our heads and we'll actually pull the massive upset or beat them soundly when we're better.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
He and Blackburn would have been much better options. Probably worth 1 win with just that move.
I agree. Jenkins & Blackburn as a TE would be trouble for the opposing team. It would really stress the defense in a way that the current TEs can't even.