#POSTGAME uga 37 - GT 14

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
If Key can do this with a team most on here picked to win 3 or 4 with half a season, imagine what he can do with a full off season? He's got my vote (an early and frequent Chadwell supporter) not based on this game but the body of work over the last 8 weeks. 2.5mil a year for 4 years with heavy incentives and 6mil to spend on staff.
GO TECH! Brighter days are ahead and I can't wait to see it and be a part of it!

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I like key a lot and hard not to root for him, but we still do a lot of the same stupid mistakes and self inflicted wounds. I know we seem to play harder with key but it still looks like the same team before key at times.

Idk I think I’d still rather see a clean house and start fresh. Not saying key couldn’t be successful, but right now I’m just not feeling it. I think it would a lot of 6-6 seasons with key, which hey, is better than our last couple but I don’t see championship type teams.

ole ball coach

Georgia Tech Fan
GT +36.5 lessened the blow for me.

One could tell Kirby was trying to run it up. Went for it on fourth down and passed late when up 30. At least the turnover and the trick play took a lot of pizza delivery money from the dwags fans.
All the head coaches at powerhouse programs always try to cover to appease the check stroking boosters and alumni.

MikeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Disappointing finish, but I thought we played hard the whole game. 3 or 4 mistakes that should have been routine plays, the 2 drops and the bad punt snap and this could have been an exciting finish. I'm not saying the fumble was a routine play, but obviously it wasn't covered up when he ran into the line either...
Not to mention a couple of iffy plays on their side that weren't even reviewed - like the catch on the ground for the TD on 4th by their TE. I'm not sure that it would have been overturned, but I can't fathom why it wasn't reviewed. The ball bounced a bit I thought. And the 'incomplete pass' where the receiver did pull it in and take a step before he was hit. Again - maybe not overturned, but no review at all...

I'm not against any potential coach like some on here.. but I do think Key could do a great job here if given the reins.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Decent start but reality pretty much set in after that. They weren’t playing very well and still beat us handily. We played with heart but they simply out talent us by a large margin.
Actually, even the SEC homers on ESPN said that our coverage was excellent. Yeah, there was one long pass, but other than that it was d*mn good. I don't know what game you watched. There were a couple of blown plays, but all in all not bad on defense at all considering. I'll be interested to hear what Sed has to say about the coverage.

And I always hate "they weren't playing well." Lazy biased take in my opinion. Maybe, just maybe, we had something to do with it. It's a mental game too, after all.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
We played hard and had a good game plan. Problem is that this team is not used to winning, for obvious reasons. Thus a key pass is dropped, a chance to down a punt inside the 1 is muffed, and reaction is slow on a tipped pass that could have been a pick 6.

Georgia is the best team in the country. We would have needed to play a perfect game without mistakes to even have a chance. I felt like, once again, Key put the team in a position to compete.

Bottom line for me? With a few extra play makers and little more experience we can beat uga again one day.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Disappointing finish, but I thought we played hard the whole game. 3 or 4 mistakes that should have been routine plays, the 2 drops and the bad punt snap and this could have been an exciting finish. I'm not saying the fumble was a routine play, but obviously it wasn't covered up when he ran into the line either...
Not to mention a couple of iffy plays on their side that weren't even reviewed - like the catch on the ground for the TD on 4th by their TE. I'm not sure that it would have been overturned, but I can't fathom why it wasn't reviewed. The ball bounced a bit I thought. And the 'incomplete pass' where the receiver did pull it in and take a step before he was hit. Again - maybe not overturned, but no review at all...

I'm not against any potential coach like some on here.. but I do think Key could do a great job here if given the reins.
Key will make somebody a real good HC. Might be us.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
Actually, even the SEC homers on ESPN said that our coverage was excellent. Yeah, there was one long pass, but other than that it was d*mn good. I don't know what game you watched. There were a couple of blown plays, but all in all not bad on defense at all considering. I'll be interested to hear what Sed has to say about the coverage.

And I always hate "they weren't playing well." Lazy biased take in my opinion. Maybe, just maybe, we had something to do with it. It's a mental game too, after all.
i think we should not have our best pass rusher covering pass routes would be a good idea.

i get zone blitzing but we continue to get burned on that.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Even the SEC suckers said it. Paraphrased:

"It requires two feet down and securing the ball for it not to be a completed pass."
<Replay>
"See. He barely got his second foot down. So it's incomplete."

Lol. Idiot.
Yeah, caught that. Didn't make any sense. Barely" means HE GOT HIS FOOT DOWN.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Even the SEC suckers said it. Paraphrased:

"It requires two feet down and securing the ball for it not to be a completed pass."
<Replay>
"See. He barely got his second foot down. So it's incomplete."

Lol. Idiot.

He actually said, needs two feet down, secure the ball, and make a football move for it to be a catch.