#Postgame GT 9 - UVA 16

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
unbelievable lies GIF

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
What bothered me was not just the score, but the reversion to mistakes and penalties at key times.
This reminded me of the team that started 1-3.
I guess no rainbows and unicorns for us. Or Key.
Let’s be real on this though, we got absolutely screwed by the refs tonight. Even the TV announcers were dumbfounded by their ridiculous non-calls. Now for sure Gibson and the offense didn’t do us any favors, but they weren’t getting any calls either. I mean, how many times do you see offensive face mask get called even when it’s blatant?

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Losing Sims hurt. How do we not have a legit backup QB ? Or did we play the wrong one? Because that was elementary bad. Our D played their hearts out ! Just ugly.

Even with Sims in he wasn't running downhill. Clearly ankle was already an issue.

Makes me even madder about the Duke game. No phantom roughing the passer and Duke doesn't send it into OT. No OT and Sims doesn't get hurt.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
At least now we can have a real conversation about the new HC without people talking about Coach Key

I don't understand this. We are talent shy on offense, particularly without Sims.

But the players play hard. People are in the right place. The play calls make sense. The strategy makes sense. The sideline decisions are solid. The ST have been cleaned up.

What I'm saying is the coaches are doing a good job with what they have. We look competent for 3 games in a row, which was at least a season's worth for the prior HC.

Tonight's game reminded me of a couple of the early games in O'Leary's regime. We lost, but you could see the coaches were coaching well but we were missing key pieces. That's what I see here. There's nothing that says Key and Co. aren't doing a good job of pulling this thing as far out of the ditch as humanly possible.