Postgame GT 23 - Ole Miss 48

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Defense isn’t there especially on they line. Haynes King is going to help a lot in bringing in talent next year.

The offense and having a more than competent OC will bring in talent this next year...and every year after that. We could have easily had more points (missed FGs, dropped TD passes). This is the type of offense I always said kids will start lining up to play in. We already have TWO high level QB recruits committed. There's proof of concept now on the field for kids to envision putting that "GT" jersey on and star in. Haynes King is putting up the numbers, and recruits see it.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think we may have made them look better than they are but did you see Bama today. They have found out what Clemson has found out....when you string of first round QB's is over you don't seem quite as good as you were.
True but if Dart takes off and jumps in the air like he did a couple of times, he will regret it. I think Alabama will get pressure on him. Mississippi is a good team but we found holes in their defense with very nearly 500 yards of total offense.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Offense is solid. Ole Miss got some home cooking with the SEC refs. That 4th down hold on the fake/receiver was a game changer. We also had some terrible coaching calls to not kick the FG down 10-0 and they gifted it back. ****ing college FB is a kick in the pants.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The offense and having a more than competent OC will bring in talent this next year...and every year after that. We could have easily had more points (missed FGs, dropped TD passes). This is the type of offense I always said kids will start lining up to play in. We already have TWO high level QB recruits committed. There's proof of concept now on the field for kids to envision putting that "GT" jersey on and star in. Haynes King is putting up the numbers, and recruits see it.
Two high level quarterbacks committed? That's nice, will one of them play defensive tackle for us?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
O has potential, and D showed more flashes, but we have to tackle better, especially in the 4th. Need a win the next two weeks to start feeling a touch better.

Refs were on Ole Miss's side in key moments, but we were still in it until we suddenly weren't. I'm hopeful for the future and think we might be able to beat most remaining teams not named Clemson or UGA. That said, it has to start next Saturday at 6:30.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. We wouldn’t have to waste breath telling everyone how much closer it was than the score indicates
I will not lose a second of time wasting my breath on that. The people who would even care saw it and those who don't care didn't watch nor are interested in my (or anyone else's) opinions concerning the game either. ;)

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I will not lose a second of time wasting my breath on that. The people who would even care saw it and those who don't care didn't watch nor are interested in my (or anyone else's) opinions concerning the game either. ;)
Agree… I honestly wouldn’t waste breath on that either. I had actually just told my son that’s the kind of stuff losers hold dear.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Good call.

Also I recognize there's a separate thread, but I need to say it here.

Haynes King balled out. We have something there and he's improving week over week. Excited about his future.

Our OL blocked pretty well tonight as well.
I did not really notice but the offensive line did block better against a pretty good Mississippi front 7.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
If we had any kind of defense we'd be fun to watch
We’re up 28-13 against Louisville at half … we’re up 28-0 just before the half against SCSt … we’re down 10-3 at half and 24-17 in 4th tonight … why do you think our defense falls apart and can’t step up later in the game? Coaching? We let up? Obviously lack of pressure and missed tackles/blown coverage. What gives?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Something has got to change quickly with this defense. They struggle to cover pass routes and tackle. Hey at least we got a QB sack tonight. I wonder what Brent Key is going to do.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We’re up 28-13 against Louisville at half … we’re up 28-0 just before the half against SCSt … we’re down 10-3 at half and 24-17 in 4th tonight … why do you think our defense falls apart and can’t step up later in the game? Coaching? We let up? Obviously lack of pressure and missed tackles/blown coverage. What gives?
Beats me. Mississippi scored on every drive but one in the second half which will generally get you beat.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Here’s why we HAVE to find ways to win some of these games: a lot of our top players may not be here next season if we keep losing. We have to go to a bowl game. That’s the reality in the transfer portal era.