Postgame BC

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

On another note. Guys I am in the hospital preparing for the installation of a LVAD. This is being used to keep me alive until the heart transplant. For those who pray. Lift up one for your boy. For those who don't wish me luck. Thanks

Maybe that explains why I thought about you a couple of days ago wondering how you were doing.
Hoping and praying the LVAD procedure went well and you are comfortable.
God Bless

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
It really irks me that CTR makes this argument. Are we really expected to believe that BC, for example, recruits at that much higher of a level? I put very little stock in recruiting rankings. But for what it's worth, rankings indicate BC recruits slightly worse than GT. Example: GT #55 - BC #66 . Others have made this point as well. Maybe BC really does recruit Saban level talent only on D, but I doubt it. Are we really saying GT has less talent on D than every FCS team that runs bilitzes?

App State was getting after Dobbs and nearly upset Tennessee (E.g.) . If Roof thinks GT's talent level is that far behind the Sun Belt... maybe we should just de-emphasize athletics and be done with it.

If I see Mercer send five next week I'm gonna lose it.
Don't forget we had a ton of attrition off the DL that would be jr's and sr's right now. Also, the Kallon project hasn't panned out as hoped. Keshun is playing on one leg. We also haven't recruited LB's particularly well until recently.

Good news is we have some promising talent in both units but it's really young right now. Hopefully we can baptize them by fire this year so they're good to go next.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One thing I've learned over the past few years is not to make a lot out of the first three games. In 2014, we had some close games against teams we should have dusted (Tulane, GA Southern), and then a good close win against a bad VT team. I thought that might portend some trouble down the road. All we did was go to the OB and went on a historical offensive tear.

2015, we looked like we hadn't missed a beat against weaker teams Tulane and Alcorn State. Then Notre Dame and the rest of 2014 happened.

Point is, early games are a terrible indicator of how things will play out. Not just for GT, but 99% of the teams out there. We've got a young team. They're either gonna learn from their mistakes and get better, or we're gonna continue to struggle. As the great Shamire Devine said "“It will become a major concern if it continues going on past the second and third game”

BTW...it appears Shamire is being more vocal and taking more of a leadership role as a veteran along the OL. Good for him.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ric Neuheisal(sp?) on the radio was asked for his 'stock down' coaches. Last name he mentioned was BC's Adazzio. Basically said, you had a chance to ice the game on a 4th and 19 and played a soft zone to let an option team convert a 21-yd completion and eventually lost the game. Stock .. down.

Nothing earth shattering, just glad to see us not painted in a negative light for once. He's usually been fair to us. Odd since he was allegedly a finalist before CPJ was hired.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Ric Neuheisal(sp?) on the radio was asked for his 'stock down' coaches. Last name he mentioned was BC's Adazzio. Basically said, you had a chance to ice the game on a 4th and 19 and played a soft zone to let an option team convert a 21-yd completion and eventually lost the game. Stock .. down.

Nothing earth shattering, just glad to see us not painted in a negative light for once. He's usually been fair to us. Odd since he was allegedly a finalist before CPJ was hired.

Well, it was kind of backhand shade.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, it was kind of backhand shade.

Well, to be fair, my post doesn't really capture his tone well. He put more emphasis on the fact that they gave up a 4th and 19, not necessarily on the fact that it was an option team that did it (if that makes sense).

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well, to be fair, my post doesn't really capture his tone well. He put more emphasis on the fact that they gave up a 4th and 19, not necessarily on the fact that it was an option team that did it (if that makes sense).

Oh. So, you're the one throwin shade ... good to know

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
One thing I've learned over the past few years is not to make a lot out of the first three games. In 2014, we had some close games against teams we should have dusted (Tulane, GA Southern), and then a good close win against a bad VT team. I thought that might portend some trouble down the road. All we did was go to the OB and went on a historical offensive tear.

2015, we looked like we hadn't missed a beat against weaker teams Tulane and Alcorn State. Then Notre Dame and the rest of 2014 happened.

Point is, early games are a terrible indicator of how things will play out. Not just for GT, but 99% of the teams out there. We've got a young team. They're either gonna learn from their mistakes and get better, or we're gonna continue to struggle. As the great Shamire Devine said "“It will become a major concern if it continues going on past the second and third game”

BTW...it appears Shamire is being more vocal and taking more of a leadership role as a veteran along the OL. Good for him.
Very good points, I especially like hearing about Shamire stepping up as a leader.
One thing to keep in mind with our score, that "all-everything" Clemson team with a Heisman front runner, future #1 pick QB only scored 19 points on a defense that was not as good as the one we played. And that 19 is relatively a hell of a lot worse than our 17 when you look at the pace of play in the two games (Clemson and Auburn both run hurry-up systems as standard, GT and BC are both slower paced). Just some food for thought.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Very good points, I especially like hearing about Shamire stepping up as a leader.
One thing to keep in mind with our score, that "all-everything" Clemson team with a Heisman front runner, future #1 pick QB only scored 19 points on a defense that was not as good as the one we played. And that 19 is relatively a hell of a lot worse than our 17 when you look at the pace of play in the two games (Clemson and Auburn both run hurry-up systems as standard, GT and BC are both slower paced). Just some food for thought.

To put numbers on this. We scored 1.89 ppd against a D that allowed 1.19 ppd last year. Climp's boy scored 1.58 ppd against a D that allowed 2.49 ppd last year. 1st games are 1st games for both sides, typically (thx Hawaii and Cal).