Post season awards for GT hoops

slugboy

Staff member
UNC fans are so salty about Pastner winning over Roy lol
Meh. No credit at all? Did they even watch?
I'll say in their favor that I'm really interested in what happens the next two seasons--he's got to follow this up with recruiting that fits the program and player development. But I think he will.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
A nice haul of post season honors for GT hoops. Like everything else with this team - far exceeded expectations. I am going to the opening round of the ACC tourney and I hope I have to drop some more money on the Wednesday night session too.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think this is a separate award that probably has more Tobacco Road Mafia in it and Pastner still won!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well CJP said he had a big bonus for coach of the year honors. Hope he also has a big bonus for winning the ACC tourney:D

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
cpj richly deserved the honor over ol roy. his table was set to succeed. cpj's was not. end of story.
url

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
cpj richly deserved the honor over ol roy. his table was set to succeed. cpj's was not. end of story.
url

This. This is why CJP won.

Roy had a stacked, experienced roster that was expected to compete for top of the ACC.

Coach of the Year should go to the best job of coaching this year. You can make a case for about 3, maybe 4, more deserving than Roy for doing a better job of coaching in order to produce outsized results. CJP did the most with the "least" and did it while coming in with a questionable rep following his stint at Memphis and basically reinventing his coaching style.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This. This is why CJP won.

Roy had a stacked, experienced roster that was expected to compete for top of the ACC.

Coach of the Year should go to the best job of coaching this year. You can make a case for about 3, maybe 4, more deserving than Roy for doing a better job of coaching in order to produce outsized results. CJP did the most with the "least" and did it while coming in with a questionable rep following his stint at Memphis and basically reinventing his coaching style.

But why did cjp deserve it over cpj as @gtpi suggested.