Post-2016 NFL Draft - GT Players

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
@PBR549
I don't agree with @33jacket much, but you have to admit it's hard to blame our struggles on D on just talent when all of our graduating starters make NFL rosters.

It's been like this for a few years now. I think the only exception was Green who was hurt.

I really wish someone would ask cpj about this.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@PBR549
I don't agree with @33jacket much, but you have to admit it's hard to blame our struggles on D on just talent when all of our graduating starters make NFL rosters.

It's been like this for a few years now. I think the only exception was Green who was hurt.

I really wish someone would ask cpj about this.
It's quite possible that by the time many our guys develop out the top end of their talent envelope, they're good enough to get an NFL tryout. Face it, that's what the vast majority of our guys get who sniff the NFL, a tryout. What I'm guessing is the dropoff below our seniors is fairly dramatic. Not that they don't have potential, but that they are still a work in progress.

If you have a defensive 2 deep with 5 or 6 guys that are NFL tryout good, that still leaves 16 to 17 guys who are at various levels below that. Some are pretty far below it. When you add it all up, you have a defense with holes. A defense with holes is like a chain that's only as good as it's weakest link except we have several links that haven't reached a decent level yet.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to note: Before the 2015 season, CPJ mentioned that there was heavy NFL interests on the defensive players. Given that everyone that was drafted or signed as an UDFA outside of Snoddy played on defense, tells you a little something about that side of the ball last season.

I'll let you make your own conclusions from there.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Interesting to note: Before the 2015 season, CPJ mentioned that there was heavy NFL interests on the defensive players. Given that everyone that was drafted or signed as an UDFA outside of Snoddy played on defense, tells you a little something about that side of the ball last season.

Interesting indeed.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

*Skov

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It will be interesting to see who sticks on rosters. It will be uphill sledding for most. Of those who have received offers or have been drafted to date here is my 2 cents in terms of percent chance:

Gotsis: 98%. Denver didn't use a second round pick for no reason. They are really high on him. His recovery is probably the only factor in the 2% towards the negative.

White: 85%. He is a good corner and has been drafted. He is a little small and that is really the only factor in my mind.

Milton: 60%. His speed and physicality/tackling will play well on special teams at a minimum.

Marcordes: 40%. NFL likes speed. He has it for his size. I don't think he has reached his ceiling at TECH.

Skov: 30%. Predicated on his team needing a lead blocker. He won't carry the ball much, if at all. He is physical and smart.

Golden: 25%. Never count out brains. It plays at every level. He has a smart guy's chance.

Smith:10%. You just never know

Snoddy: 10%. Same as above. Not as natural a player as other RBs in the NFL pool. Lots of speed.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Being in the Final NFL roster is different than being NDFA pick up. Being a NDFA does mean they get a chance and that they are pretty good, but doesn't guarantee a slot on the final roster.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess this is wknd myth busting that CPJ puts all the talent on offense. I guess we can add Anthony Harrell as he signed with Baltimore

With 6-7 joining NFL teams it's pretty hard for some you regulars to point to lack of talent as a trump card

Looking back at the last 2 years of the number of players that GT has put into NFL camps, it's easier to see why we were 11-3 in 2014.