Possible Uniform Color Combinations

What color combination do you think that Tech uniforms should be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t vote because I’m with #2 but with the occasional one offs of blue, black, or grey. So I’m kinda in between 2 and 3. Unless number 3 is equal mix of white and gold with blue trim?

I personally like white and gold as the main colors but I don’t mind blue trim. I also don’t mind a blue, grey, or black uniform once in a while.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm a white tops gold helmet and pants guy, but I'm also ok with Navy jerseys with gold helmets and pants, I'm a fifties guy and we used Navy jerseys as our alternate to white and gold standard "back in the day". If they throw in some other mixtures white pants, white helmets etc I'm fine with that, but all these crazy uniforms that some are into I don't care much about myself. If it gets us the number one recruiting class then maybe have to do it, although don't think that's what will bring us number 1 class or eliminate us either.

Well, not sure about the choices. I am ok with blue being used as trim color, but I would rather never see blue pants and certainly not blue helmets. I am ok with a blue jersey occasionally. I voted for #2.
I guess I should have been more specific, but I didn't want to have too many choices. I definitely hate the blue pants, and don't ever want to see blue helmets, but I'm not even wild about blue jerseys, in spite of their presence in Tech history.

I'm a white tops gold helmet and pants guy, but I'm also ok with Navy jerseys with gold helmets and pants, I'm a fifties guy and we used Navy jerseys as our alternate to white and gold standard "back in the day". If they throw in some other mixtures white pants, white helmets etc I'm fine with that, but all these crazy uniforms that some are into I don't care much about myself. If it gets us the number one recruiting class then maybe have to do it, although don't think that's what will bring us number 1 class or eliminate us either.
Not ever going to any games before my freshman year in 1962, and not having seen Tech that often on TV, I wasn't aware that we ever wore blue jerseys during the 50s. I know we did a few times in the 40s, but I wasn't aware of any times in the 50s.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
One offs don’t bother me but I would like their frequency to be very rare. Like only one every couple of years. Navy never bothered me

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
This is horrible...wrong shade of Gold to begin with, There is no true "GT White" in the fonts, there is no option for honeycomb helmet, and there is no 1918 option.

Am I doing it right Supersizethatorder-Mutt?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
I went with the third option, but my true preference for a season would be 9 games all white and/or gold, (with at least one whiteout and one gold out. I like the supposed french fry look) 2 with primarily navy and one crazy alternate uni. The one alternate could be like this year's gray ones, maybe a black watch throwback. Let adidas get creative. Let the team vote on bowl game unis.

Dpjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Through my entire life — growing up grandfather was professor from 50s-70s, family with life-long attachment, myself a graduate in mid-90s — navy was always present in a noticeable way. Really, it was ever present, though as the backdrop/background, of course.

So aside from not doing any historical research, which I hadn’t, it seemed at least the accepted tertiary standard. Which is why I’ve been more than little surprised at backlash to navy here.

Though not without respect to that position.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
As a younger Jacket, I love the gold as we almost all do. I'm not opposed to some navy blue, black, or gray jerseys every now and then, but white and gold should be our primary and I think CGC knows that. I will say that Todd may need to embrace the gold branding a bit more, but it's hard to complain because he is doing a great job for the most part.

CousCous

Georgia Tech Fan
I voted #2 but more accurately I am between 2 and 3. I think one offs are fine in moderation and I like that they try to tie them into a special event like a game day experience or charity support.

Beyond just color scheme, I want the uni’s to have a sleek modern look. My association with Tech has always been just a fan, but part of the draw is I see The Institute as cutting edge and forward thinking. I like it when we look that way.