Possible D Staff

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
We don’t recruit per side of the ball. It’s by region, but I do agree it would need to be a lights out recruiter. As for OL I doubt it, we already have two guys there.
I guess I stated it poorly the first time. What I really meant was for the 10th coach to fill a position on the offense not just recruit for our offense.
I had read rumors that Sewer was going to be replaced but I haven't heard much more about it.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
As said Woody is a done deal. As for his potential staff I’ve heard 2 names from his App St staff that may be coming. Ivey the D-Line coach and Brown the Corner coach. I’ve also heard we will have a spot for Andy Mac and he may get a title change and raise. I like these 2 guys from App. Brown recruits GA and is very well respected in the state. I love the Woody hire. This is the type of D Johnson has wanted and a perfect match with our O.

Man that would be amazing. I know coaching turnover is an often underestimated cost, but I think the benefits definitely outweigh the costs here.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I guess I stated it poorly the first time. What I really meant was for the 10th coach to fill a position on the offense not just recruit for our offense.
I had read rumors that Sewer was going to be replaced but I haven't heard much more about it.
Ok, makes sense now. If he does get fired we would actually hire two new guys, one for Sewak and the 10th coach who could stillbe on D. Regardless though I’m with you on getting some guys who can really recruit.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Remember these are just possibilities right now, nothing official other than Woody. The AFCA convention is next week and that is when a lot of movement happens amongst assistant coaches. As for Sewak, I think our only hope is he moves into an analyst or office position.
One other big thing that is being rolled out. We are adding 4 analyst positions for the recruiting office. This is huge and much needed. Kelly Quinlan and the Rivals board did a great job with an internal survey that was submitted to GTAA. Stansbury and Johnson have rolled out an initiative to try and get funding to help with these added salaries. There is a letter with a link that I hope someone will post over here. The goal is $500K with one donor already ponying up $200K.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
One other big thing that is being rolled out. We are adding 4 analyst positions for the recruiting office. This is huge and much needed. Kelly Quinlan and the Rivals board did a great job with an internal survey that was submitted to GTAA. Stansbury and Johnson have rolled out an initiative to try and get funding to help with these added salaries. There is a letter with a link that I hope someone will post over here. The goal is $500K with one donor already ponying up $200K.

With everything else we get caught up in during the offseason, this info right here is the most important! Stansbury seems to get it. Bad news is the rest of our major rivals are three steps ahead of us in this stuff already. But at least we're trying to level the playing field now.