Possible D Staff

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I agree with your statement as a whole but would add that others that have the fruits of the factory schools ( that could out perform their recruiting) would never come here with one hand tied behind their back. Atl produced a legit list as most people on here act like Paul is the only answer. I defend PJ because he wants to be here and question how many that could do it here would do it here. Everyone in the sports media love Saban and Meyer. Those two would only consider around 5 or less programs and I suggest that many many others would never consider Tech . In addition to not considering coming here, they would consider it as career suicide. I dont have any answers to the problems that we face but trust that our new coordinator will be an improvement over Ted and that PJ will stay restless. PJ can be called many things but passive is not one of them. This message was a response to Augusta Jacket.

Coach Johnson is not the only answer as there are more than a handful of very good coaches who in their own way and in their own time could have achieved what he has. But let me tell you being a head coach at the Institute is not for the faint at heart. The recruiting issues make this a tough way to make a living compared to the factories. OTOH it is true that we have certain often overlooked advantages that can be exploited by a coaching staff that has had the time and the resources to do so. We are in a talent rich area, this is a school well known for its academics and commitment to big time football. It has a rich and storied tradition and a fan base that is pretty loyal and somewhat more forgiving than most (except in uniforms of course). Like most places it is a mixed bag for coaches.