Positive press

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I can't watch him. What did he say?

He is very excited for our defense.

A part of me is wondering with all these UGA guys suddenly so high on us... did kirby give them all marching orders, hype up tech because UGA wants us back in the SEC because the SEC wants to keep the big 10 out of Georgia? Kirby is also a good rival with key they played against each other now they coach against each other. I could easily see batt having talks with both the big 10 and the SEC on where we will end up if and when the acc implodes.

cpf2001

Helluva Engineer

A part of me is wondering with all these UGA guys suddenly so high on us... did kirby give them all marching orders, hype up tech because UGA wants us back in the SEC because the SEC wants to keep the big 10 out of Georgia? Kirby is also a good rival with key they played against each other now they coach against each other. I could easily see batt having talks with both the big 10 and the SEC on where we will end up if and when the acc implodes.
i think they just found the Collins era sad and want it to be more satisfying to beat GT again

They’ll be a lot more annoyed sounding about it after they lose instead

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
i think they just found the Collins era sad and want it to be more satisfying to beat GT again

You'd think but you saw all the press talking about us in the big 10 right after that FSU win. Fox and the big 10 mostly likely want us. Academically we fit in there. we aren't really a danger in basketball to counter any of their big powers. Also i bet they figure if they can get us they might finally be able to convince notre dame to join.

The SEC really doesn't want that to happen.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

Nah, he’s just pushing the narrative that we are a great team so that their loss the day after Thanksgiving won’t look so bad.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
He is also saying that four SEC and four B10 teams will be in the playoffs.
I mean this will almost certainly happen with poll inertia

it will be very unlikely to see any/many at larges out out of the deemed 2 best conferences by the media
The At Large bids last year with current alignment would have been:
SEC (3): Georgia, Mizzou, Ole Miss
Big 10 (3): Penn State, Ohio State, Oregon
Everyone else (0)

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Had a ton of praise for Key and both coordinators. Went as far as calling Buster one of the top 5 or 10 OCs in the country.

It’s funny that a praise for GT happens to be one of his first videos in his new solo gig. It shows he’s not completely biased, which obviously was a problem for his last employer(ESPN) lol
OK. What do we do about this? Can we say good thing about David Pollack?
Slow down there, folks. Like the short-sighted enterprising “analyst” that he is, he won’t stop from making backhanded compliments in his quest for clicks.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
Aaron Murray has a great analysis and breakdown of Haynes King’s play on Saturday.

It feels good to have our Yellow Jackets be the bell of the ball. And I don’t have the impending sense of dread I typically feel when GT starts getting some buzz.

Win or lose I am confident Brent Key and the staff is going to have these playing to their best effort.

Based on this review, King has improved significantly in the offseason. So after fixing his throwing issues he had at aTm last year he made sure his improvement did not plateau. Key also mentioned recently that he plans to have King really sling it before the end of the year. King could absolutely end up in the conversation for Heisman this year with a potential run at it next year.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer

Most people in their line of work who are professionals about it can detach their personal fandom from the work they do. That doesn’t mean they are fans or don’t still hate GT when we play UGA. And it doesn’t mean they don’t have biases that may even be unconscious. I do agree that when we are able to beat them things might be more difficult for them to be as neutral sounding 😁

I’m pretty sure most of us are friends with more than a few UGA fans. I can discuss football with most of the people I consider real friends who are UGA grads and/or fans. And when it’s game time all bets are off 🐝🐝🐝

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Most people in their line of work who are professionals about it can detach their personal fandom from the work they do. That doesn’t mean they are fans or don’t still hate GT when we play UGA. And it doesn’t mean they don’t have biases that may even be unconscious. I do agree that when we are able to beat them things might be more difficult for them to be as neutral sounding 😁

I’m pretty sure most of us are friends with more than a few UGA fans. I can discuss football with most of the people I consider real friends who are UGA grads and/or fans. And when it’s game time all bets are off 🐝🐝🐝
The issue is not that you can discuss football. The issue is can that UGA fan do anything other than burp, drool, and shout GO Daaaawwwgs!!!

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I am with you...why did the collar ever go away?
I think it was because of player vanity. My son wore one throughout high school because he suffered from recurring "stingers" which were attributed to a narrowed nerve canal between his neck and shoulder. At first he didn't want to wear one but he got tired of having to sit for a few plays after every stinger. Time on the field won out over vanity. I would also point out that it is much easier and for a defensive player such as a linebacker to wear the neck roll over an offensive player such as a running back as the neck roll does hinder some vertical arm movement as well as the head rotation.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Slow down there, folks. Like the short-sighted enterprising “analyst” that he is, he won’t stop from making backhanded compliments in his quest for clicks.

We are just going to have to pay him like a HC if we want to keep him much longer.