Portal Watch 2022-23

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Enjoy the winter and lack of oxygen
It’s beautiful out there and the higher altitude, while it does take a little getting used to, isn’t as awful as you might think. Oddly the worst thing for me when I used to go there a lot for work was how dry it is. My eyes, my hands, and my throat had it the worst. I always had to have a bottle or glass of water on the nightstand in the hotel so I could take a drink as soon as I woke up because my throat was so dry.

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s beautiful out there and the higher altitude, while it does take a little getting used to, isn’t as awful as you might think. Oddly the worst thing for me when I used to go there a lot for work was how dry it is. My eyes, my hands, and my throat had it the worst. I always had to have a bottle or glass of water on the nightstand in the hotel so I could take a drink as soon as I woke up because my throat was so dry.
yep, once you get used to the altitude, you cant tell any difference. now, if you take a week or 2 break from training, its like starting over. I loved when i was stationed at Fort Carson when I was in the army. when i went down to Alabama for training from CO, running was soooo easy. almost enjoyable.

I would move back there at the end of the year when i retire if the housing market wasnt so stupid there.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
After a month or so out west back in the day, I finally went to the doctor complaining about a "lump" in my throat, but he told me it was a common reaction as a result of the change in humidity levels from my accustomed southeast. Told me to wet my whistle more often.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I really like the dry climate out west, the darn humidity east is what zaps me. I could handle AZ Oct thru April and the Colorado or N M Mtns May through Sept just fine. I've had friends over the years that lived in those Mtns and they all said it took about 6 weeks to make the adjustment to the altitude. Guess that's an advantage to the Buffaloes.
Wonder if the Big 10 would eventually want the Buffaloes, they're AAU and that's 17 largest media mkt. Broncos seemed to have thrived there.

Last edited:

5277hike

Jolly Good Fellow
I lived in Wyoming for a while in the 90’s. I got used to the cold, altitude and hills pretty quickly. Never did get used to the wind always blowing.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Boulder is a nice college town, but it gets terribly cold in winter. It snowed on Labor Day weekend one year when I had tickets to a Rockies game in Denver. 38 degrees and they played the game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
“Virginia linebacker Nick Jackson entered the transfer portal and he has racked up 352 career tackles and 10.5 sacks during his time in Charlottesville and is could be an instant impact player wherever he decided to transfer too.“
It'd be nice to get him, but looks like Auburn is ponying up the NIL for him-

alagold

Helluva Engineer
“Virginia linebacker Nick Jackson entered the transfer portal and he has racked up 352 career tackles and 10.5 sacks during his time in Charlottesville and is could be an instant impact player wherever he decided to transfer too.“
a dream come true

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If this is correct, it looks like he will have two years to play. 2019 was a RS year and 2020 was his free COVID year. So, 2021 and 2022 are his only two years on the clock.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
This was one evaluation of Seither coming out of HS,,,,,,,

EVALUATED 11/09/2018​

JohnGarciaJr

John Garcia Jr.

PROJECTION​

4-7 RoundDAY 3

COMPARISON​

Ricky Seals-JonesWASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Tall and muscular tight end who looks like a jumbo wide receiver at the prep level. Legit 6-5 frame and has added bulk over last year. Massive production bump from junior year to senior year with added size. New-age talent built to play in space with improved ability to play in-line at times. Long strider, runs well. Better route-runner than most his size with plus ball skills. Strong red-zone threat. Competitive. Plays with an edge and attitude and can physically overwhelm defensive backs. Too quick for bigger defenders. Wide catch radius. Runs with good lean relative to size and can do damage after the catch more than most. Will need to fill out to become Alpha tight end option at high-end Power Five program but could earn spot duty early on with size and receiving prowess. Willing blocker with great effort. Wants to finish through whistle but needs improved technique and bulk to keep defense honest. Best football still well ahead of him but should be productive in passing game when called upon, something the NFL covets in the modern era. May develop into multi-dimensional balanced tight end or H-back before college career wraps up.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This was one evaluation of Seither coming out of HS,,,,,,,

EVALUATED 11/09/2018​

JohnGarciaJr

John Garcia Jr.

PROJECTION​

4-7 RoundDAY 3

COMPARISON​

Ricky Seals-JonesWASHINGTON COMMANDERS

Tall and muscular tight end who looks like a jumbo wide receiver at the prep level. Legit 6-5 frame and has added bulk over last year. Massive production bump from junior year to senior year with added size. New-age talent built to play in space with improved ability to play in-line at times. Long strider, runs well. Better route-runner than most his size with plus ball skills. Strong red-zone threat. Competitive. Plays with an edge and attitude and can physically overwhelm defensive backs. Too quick for bigger defenders. Wide catch radius. Runs with good lean relative to size and can do damage after the catch more than most. Will need to fill out to become Alpha tight end option at high-end Power Five program but could earn spot duty early on with size and receiving prowess. Willing blocker with great effort. Wants to finish through whistle but needs improved technique and bulk to keep defense honest. Best football still well ahead of him but should be productive in passing game when called upon, something the NFL covets in the modern era. May develop into multi-dimensional balanced tight end or H-back before college career wraps up.
A lot of this sounds like ugag's TE1. If he indeed ends up here we could be seeing a surprising offense in 2023.