Portal Watch 2022-23

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Our numbers are ok with respect to WRs and TEs. Guys get hurt, have off days, etc. I don't think you can too many guys who can get open and catch the ball. The problem we had in the past three years is too many guys on our roster who should not be on a D1 roster. I put that on the coaches, not the players.
Numbers, schnumbers. We need players.
Next year, looks like we might have some at TE and at LB through the portal. I'm stoked.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
With the comings and goings, these pre-season predictions are going to be even more inaccurate. Seems like we might be even better than I had expected. Of course I’m not watching what our competitors are picking up, but I’m liking our gets. Hopefully Pyron will be ready to pop off because he is getting some really good targets.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
With the comings and goings, these pre-season predictions are going to be even more inaccurate. Seems like we might be even better than I had expected. Of course I’m not watching what our competitors are picking up, but I’m liking our gets. Hopefully Pyron will be ready to pop off because he is getting some really good targets.
Yeah Baby, it has been 5 years since we went into the season with some optimism. Can't wait for season ticket renewal time!

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
this is a strong reason why polls shouldn't come out until playoff rankings. The turnover is much larger for everyone's roster based on the transfer portal.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Wonder if we get any more players from the transfer portal? I am sure it’s a situational case by case scenario depending on our needs vs. who is available in the portal. We’ve picked up 11 (I believe). Any one know of players in the portal we’re in heavy pursuit?

Last edited:

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Wonder if we get any more players from the transfer portal? I am sure it’s a situational case by case scenario depending on our needs vs. who is available in the portal. We’ve picked up 12 (I believe). Any one know of players in the portal we’re in heavy pursuit?
I am watching to see what Nick Jackson does. He would be a wonderful replacement for CT.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m pretty sure there will be some shuffling after Spring practice. Players look around and they’re second string with another five star signed to their position. They will be moving in time for Summer semester.
We may have some post Spring practice defections also. These new guys are going bump a few guys who might have otherwise been starters. No one likes to lose their starting position to a newcomer.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I’m sure he’ll get a big ol’ NIL deal from a factory, but would love to see Dom Blaylock follow Buster. He’s from Marietta and has 2 to play.

OMG! This would be a huge pickup for GT. Maybe NIL is in play here, but I bet he wants the ball more than $$. He was a very high 4* coming out of HS and played a lot at uga . This is not a guy being disgruntled over playing time. He wants to be the main target.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
OMG! This would be a huge pickup for GT. Maybe NIL is in play here, but I bet he wants the ball more than $$. He was a very high 4* coming out of HS and played a lot at uga . This is not a guy being disgruntled over playing time. He wants to be the main target.
Wonder how much 2 ACL surgeries have impacted his overall ability/play.