Portal Watch 2022-23

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
His last three tweets:
  1. 11/27: #makeKeyHC
  2. 12/30: "I'm back" video announcing he's coming back to GT for another year
  3. 1/4: Excited to announce my partnership with TheTechWayNIL...
And now he's entering the portal...
My long-time business partner and frind was in China on a giant project. He had previously had marital problems and called me, said his marriage was on ropes. I told him to get him home and find out whsts goung on and we would find a replacement. About 2 weeks later he came by office and said he was very confused because his commitments were falling on deaf ears. I advised him that the amount of money u have after a divorce is directly related to how soon you realize its over. He went back to China the next week. 3 years later he accepted his portion buy out when we sold the company. I use the above example because colleges and football players are going thru a divorce tango dance.

The sooner we get realistic the better. I trust Batt and Key lead us thru. TFG and Tstan were to idealistic

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
My long-time business partner and frind was in China on a giant project. He had previously had marital problems and called me, said his marriage was on ropes. I told him to get him home and find out whsts goung on and we would find a replacement. About 2 weeks later he came by office and said he was very confused because his commitments were falling on deaf ears. I advised him that the amount of money u have after a divorce is directly related to how soon you realize its over. He went back to China the next week. 3 years later he accepted his portion buy out when we sold the company. I use the above example because colleges and football players are going thru a divorce tango dance.

The sooner we get realistic the better. I trust Batt and Key lead us thru. TFG and Tstan were to idealistic

Reminds me of my buddy that was separated from his ol' lady for a couple years. They eventually got back together.

All I could think was you big dummy gee, love conquers all.

:cool:

seanfloyd18

Georgia Tech Fan
Makes no sense , frustrating
It doesn’t make no sense; I’m 22. If you offered me hundreds of thousands of dollars, I’m going to listen. That’s a life changing amount of money. How often do people y’all’s age (assuming as most people on this board are, you’re older than me) show someone my age “how much 100k can be in 40 years” if you invest it properly.

He’ll end up somewhere better than GT from an optics standpoint, with a nice chunk of change in his pocket, and potentially better NFL optics. If this is Deion, who says no?

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
It doesn’t make no sense; I’m 22. If you offered me hundreds of thousands of dollars, I’m going to listen. That’s a life changing amount of money. How often do people y’all’s age (assuming as most people on this board are, you’re older than me) show someone my age “how much 100k can be in 40 years” if you invest it properly.

He’ll end up somewhere better than GT from an optics standpoint, with a nice chunk of change in his pocket, and potentially better NFL optics. If this is Deion, who says no?

I don’t blame him at all, but it’s still frustrating as a fan when just a week ago he said he was coming back.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
His last three tweets:
  1. 11/27: #makeKeyHC
  2. 12/30: "I'm back" video announcing he's coming back to GT for another year
  3. 1/4: Excited to announce my partnership with TheTechWayNIL...
And now he's entering the portal...

Remember all the fans freaking out about players leaving if we didn't hire a certain coach, or didn't hire a coach soon enough? That's going to happen regardless. Quite a few of the kids leaving recently all tweeted support for Key.

In this age of "free" transfers and NIL, it's hard to predict who will stay or who will go. Coaching decisions need to be made in the best LONG TERM interest of GT, not the current roster. Rosters will constantly be in flux now.

This isn't a slight to Key...I've been through quite a few coaching changes since Bobby Ross left in 1991 so I've seen the same reaction happen many times after a coaching turnover. Hopefully with Key we won't see another turnover for at least a decade.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You also have the scenario where he doesn't have a choice. Our grad schools are notorious for not admitting our graduate athletes. Hopefully Cabrera can fix that,

The MBA program is notoriously difficult to get into due to the experience requirements. I've noticed most Graduate SAs usually go into Masters of Construction Management...seems to be our version of "Masters of <insert liberal arts degree>".