Portal Update

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Long time lurker, First time post. If you think this kind of thing hasn't been happening for at least the last 5 years with GT baseball you haven't been watching. The "shady" stuff like taking kids scholarships, over promising and under delivering, running kids off, over recruiting, taking in kids because their parents donate a lot of money to the program even though they don't have the talent to be recruited by GT. its all been going on for a long long time. It was much quieter at first, but something changed around the time CDH's kids came in. its been downhill ever since.
If it is so obvious then Tex must know about it and has been supporting it as well. Really sad if this is true.

FuzzyBuzzy

Georgia Tech Fan
He lost his scholarship. It was given to an incoming transfer. He did not want to leave
Such total fictional story telling on this site! This has devolved into some modern online version of the classic Soap Opera "As the World Turns." Many of the posts here aren't worth the electrons that it takes to render them. Good thing it's free, but it's definitely not informative, and now no longer even entertaining. If you want to know why someone left just ask him. He might tell you and you'd have a reason that might choose to believe.
1719463372658.png

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
Such total fictional story telling on this site! This has devolved into some modern online version of the classic Soap Opera "As the World Turns." Many of the posts here aren't worth the electrons that it takes to render them. Good thing it's free, but it's definitely not informative, and now no longer even entertaining. If you want to know why someone left just ask him. He might tell you and you'd have a reason that might choose to believe.
View attachment 16314
Had to look that one up. 1956 drama. Danny?

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
I had to laugh a little bit at CJR IG post saying “Through the ups and downs MoJacks stick together”. The man had one foot out the door to go to LSU if he wasn’t promoted. Maybe that is a reason CDH is sticking around, doesn’t trust his associate head coach.

Ghost

Georgia Tech Fan
I'll put it this way for those who are (understandably) skeptical of new posters with what seems like inside information. they could be just parents, former players or former staff with an axe to grind. They also could be any of those categories and have real insight and care deeply about a program they were/are a part of and want to see it thrive. You can have negative things to say about how the program has been run and still be rooting for its sucess. the two aren't mutually exlusive. Its up to you to decide what info you take to heart. The reality is that there is some serious tension in the program currently and its being shown in the portal. Unfortunately I don't believe anything will be done about it this year.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll put it this way for those who are (understandably) skeptical of new posters with what seems like inside information. they could be just parents, former players or former staff with an axe to grind. They also could be any of those categories and have real insight and care deeply about a program they were/are a part of and want to see it thrive. You can have negative things to say about how the program has been run and still be rooting for its sucess. the two aren't mutually exlusive. Its up to you to decide what info you take to heart. The reality is that there is some serious tension in the program currently and its being shown in the portal. Unfortunately I don't believe anything will be done about it this year.
Agree nothing this year. As has been mentioned by others, I think our AD is concentrating on football and basketball. He was brought in to get finances in better shape and those sports bring in the most revenue. Our baseball attendance has been mediocre at best. Even if we performed at a higher level, I don't think baseball revenue would move the needle. I think all of these issues also spill over to coaching salaries and where NIL money is directed.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Next year, with CDH's contract expired, will be a much better time for Batt to make the necessary changes and will not be as harsh on Danny if he acted this year. I get it.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I personally believe that most of the portal activity is being driven by the fact that the roster size has been greatly reduced per NCAA guidelines this coming season. In such a scenario, good coach, who cares about his players, will give each of them his assessment of their chances of making the team this coming year and if so, what their roles will likely be. Upon hearing this many of them may choose to find a spot elsewhere that will offer them more playing time. If this is the case then the coaching staff is doing these kids a huge favor rather than waiting for them to be told at the end of fall/winter ball when there will be far less opportunities to find another home.

Some of you might find this a distasteful way of doing things but it's the reality of sports these days and if I were a player I would much rather have my coach be straight with me so I can make an informed decision rather than have smoke blown up my azz and realize too late what my situation really is.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
These are not "lies" - they are recruiting tools to get players to their program. ALL schools do this.
I don't think you've been unreasonable in this thread, but this is really not a good take. Even if every school does the same thing, that just means all schools are lying. People can argue about the morality of it when everyone is doing it, but it's still a lie.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I truly will have to take a few baseball years off if he’s extended again.
If an extension is announced, i will lose my mind.
Serious question... isn't the fact no extension has been announced an indication one is not forthcoming?

Hall & Batt have had plenty of time to have their post-season sit down. I'd assume no news means no extension.