Portal Update

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe. That's what it seemed like the last time too though...
But I don't think we've ever gotten down to the last year on the contract before, have we? That was what I meant when I started this by saying WTTE of the fact that there hasn't been an extension yet should speak volumes. Maybe we have gotten down to the last year, I'm not an expert on CFDH's contract status.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Serious question... isn't the fact no extension has been announced an indication one is not forthcoming?

Hall & Batt have had plenty of time to have their post-season sit down. I'd assume no news means no extension.
I would tend to agree. However, since we are GT, I would never underestimate our ability to do something completely stupid.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
But I don't think we've ever gotten down to the last year on the contract before, have we? That was what I meant when I started this by saying WTTE of the fact that there hasn't been an extension yet should speak volumes. Maybe we have gotten down to the last year, I'm not an expert on CFDH's contract status.
Batt and Hall are probably arguing over how long the extension should be? 2 years is too short, 7 years is probably too long, 5 would likely be a good number. How much longer will they wait to get it done?

Richland County

Jolly Good Fellow
I had to laugh a little bit at CJR IG post saying “Through the ups and downs MoJacks stick together”. The man had one foot out the door to go to LSU if he wasn’t promoted. Maybe that is a reason CDH is sticking around, doesn’t trust his associate head coach.
Waiting on Danny Hall to decide is the biggest issue with all this. It isn't Danny Halls baseball team. Last time I checked Georgia Tech was on the front of his and the other players jersey. What has he done to deserve to hold the school hostage? Better coaches that have achieved more than him have been let go for doing more than he has. The geriatric wizzard needs to exit stage left.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yup. Guy who pitched once all year? Hardly someone that had a ton of offers, I’m guessing.
He actually pitched a lot for Notre Dame his first 2 years. He had a low 4 ERA his first year and last year he had a high ERA (in the 8s, I think) but he also had one outing where he didn't record an out and gave up 9 runs. Outside of that one outing, he had solid numbers.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Batt and Hall Tex and Hall are probably arguing over how long the extension should be? 2 years is too short, 7 years is probably too long, 5 would likely be a good number. How much longer will they wait to get it done?
FIFY
Batt is thinking "an extension is not on my watch!"