Poll: Who is Our Starter Opening Night?

Who is Our Starter Opening Night vs Tennessee?

• Matthew Jordan

Votes: 88 25.8%
  • TaQuon Marshall

Votes: 201 58.9%
  • Lucas Johnson

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Jay Jones

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Chase Martenson

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Tobias Oliver

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer

I am not sure I understand your response. If my memory is correct, the coaches (or assistants) usually have a sit down with the media the day before the game to give them some insight on various players in order to help them call the game. Typically the QB is one of those positions.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure I understand your response. If my memory is correct, the coaches (or assistants) usually have a sit down with the media the day before the game to give them some insight on various players in order to help them call the game. Typically the QB is one of those positions.

He's saying that they will be told this guy OR that guy etc. He doesn't expect them to get any more info than what we've seen.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
That fact that MJ's family and/or significant others aren't on here laughing at people thinking MJ won't start may suggest we'll see someone else.

Or maybe they're building up for a huge "told you so" moment.

I do think whoever starts has earned it and hope we roll.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't the media get notes on the players the day before the game? If so, we may find out the answer to the grand mystery today.
The broadcast media works with staff throughout the week to get info on the team.
The staff is under no obligation to tell them or anyone else anything.
I've shown up to BDS and received a "starting lineup" as late as 30 minutes before the game. I expect this to be the case tomorrow.
I'll be there early tomorrow with @Yomanser. Maybe it will become clear based on who's taking snaps from Cooper in warm-ups.
Chat will be open.

Last edited:

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
TM will start and we will use MJ as a short yard, red zone warrior; especially now more than ever since Mills is gone.

I like Lucas Johnson as QB of the future for GT.

IF I were a betting man (which I'm not), I'd put money on this scenario to start the Game/Season...

GoodBuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like MJ is more of a double option QB while TM is a triple option QB. With the LB injuries to TN, would it make us more or less likely to go with MJ? I agree that CPJ puts a lot of weight on experience, especially in an opener like this one, so my guess is MJ starts. I think the injuries make it even more likely.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I would honestly be really surprised if it Was anyone but TM at this point. I just dont think MJ hasnt had enough reps, too banged up to start. TM took advantage of the reps and had a good camp, he starts

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
That fact that MJ's family and/or significant others aren't on here laughing at people thinking MJ won't start may suggest we'll see someone else.

Or maybe they're building up for a huge "told you so" moment.

I do think whoever starts has earned it and hope we roll.

Or they have a life beyond the internet and don't hang on every post.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Or they have a life beyond the internet and don't hang on every post.
True, but some were on here pretty often but are hardly posting anything now. So did they just not have a life beyond the internet and then all of a sudden had one? Not arguing with you, just showing why the other poster said what he did.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like if MJ didn't miss spring and some of fall camp he starts as QB1 100%, but with the missed time TM took advantage and took that spot. I see TM as the starter and MJ in a similar role as last year. Regardless I'll support whoever it is.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
True, but some were on here pretty often but are hardly posting anything now. So did they just not have a life beyond the internet and then all of a sudden had one? Not arguing with you, just showing why the other poster said what he did.

Lol. No I get on at work bc I'm bored.
I fish on the weekends

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Lol. No I get on at work bc I'm bored.
I fish on the weekends
lol I'm not sure if he was talking about you or not. There is another poster who I won't name that I haven't seen a comment from in a little bit now. I don't think you go much overboard with your stuff about MJ, so I'm cool with you lol.

mndojckt

Jolly Good Fellow
Taquan Fielding punts in the video makes me think it won't be him. Maybe it's just old practice footage though.