Poll: Who is Our Starter Opening Night?

Who is Our Starter Opening Night vs Tennessee?

• Matthew Jordan

Votes: 88 25.8%
  • TaQuon Marshall

Votes: 201 58.9%
  • Lucas Johnson

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Jay Jones

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Chase Martenson

Votes: 10 2.9%
  • Tobias Oliver

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoping this isn't a repost, but quite simply put who do you guys feel will start for THE Institute Labor Day evening?

I think it will be Lucas Johnson.

The order of the listing on the ballot creates a bias. CPJ needs to name someone, or at least start giving the reps to the starter. Ten days out you need to know who the guy is. Disconcerting to say the least.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Doesn't Megatron have a year of eligibility left? If we are going to change eligibility rules then let's do better than CPJ!

I know who it is............me.....yea I am 55, tore a rotator a few years ago but I know the offense and can go back for another degree and have 4 years. Don't need to throw well, mid-line all day baby......

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
We've seen CPJ play it close to the vest before, but never with a QB race like this. I know some of you have a vested interest in the outcome, but I hope everyone can enjoy this just a little. I will truly thrilled with whomever coach puts out there, because I think they are all so talented in their own way and appear to be quality SAs and fierce competitors. Whichever QB wins out will have absolutely EARNED their spot!

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
We've seen CPJ play it close to the vest before, but never with a QB race like this. I know some of you have a vested interest in the outcome, but I hope everyone can enjoy this just a little. I will truly thrilled with whomever coach puts out there, because I think they are all so talented in their own way and appear to be quality SAs and fierce competitors. Whichever QB wins out will have absolutely EARNED their spot!
I agree. I don't think CPJ has ever had a QB competition like this in his career. So now he gets an added advantage (an element of surprise) that he's probably never been able to use like this. This is definitely making these last few days of the off season a bit more fun

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
The order of the listing on the ballot creates a bias. CPJ needs to name someone, or at least start giving the reps to the starter. Ten days out you need to know who the guy is. Disconcerting to say the least.

I understand your frustration but if fans close to the program are clueless then just imagine what it would be like for Tennessee's defensive coordinator. The offense might be a spread flex bone but you have three very different quarterbacks and just about any of the three could be the starter. I think it is less likely we will see LJ but it would really not surprise me. I prefer TM myself because he runs the triple option the best but all three have their strong points. We will see.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
There are some on VolNation that feel it will be Tennessee by 35.

Well, they probably felt that Vanderbilt was "in the bag" last year as well. I understand that they recruit better than we do, they have a much larger fan base than we do and they see themselves as a football factory on a level with UGA, FSU, and Florida. Pity that this will prove to be just another mirage like they are always saying they are the best team in the SEC in November after beating Kentucky and Vanderbilt. The only one I feel sorry for is Smokey. He always looks so sad on TV.